Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

A few years back, I placed myself in the moderate camp with regard to Scottish Independence. I mean, sure I believed in it, but it was never that big a deal. For example, I cared far more about the Palestinian movement and about environmentalism than I did about independence. Hell, I used to vote Lib Dem! But somehow, over the last few years, I have gradually become very, very pro independence. I really only just noticed it today.

When and how did this happen? When did I become this radical? I tried to play some online tennis, and the big thing about Grand Slam tennis is that you get to "represent your country and earn points online". I now refuse to play online because I don't want to be associated with earning points for Britain. I recognise how absurd it is, and yet, I still do it.

Am I the only one that has experienced this in the last couple of years? Has anyone else become more Scottish and less British of late?

Okay that is actually so petty it just isn't funny.

I would have no qualms earning points for Mozambique in an online tennis game...

Okay that is actually so petty it just isn't funny.

I would have no qualms earning points for Mozambique in an online tennis game...

I would rather earn points for Mozambique...before I play online, I'm going to see if I can change my nationality. I think I'd rather be Iranian, Palestinian, or Sri Lankan than British. And I am aware that its petty, and I recognise the absurdity of it all, but I really am becoming that hardline!

I would rather earn points for Mozambique...before I play online, I'm going to see if I can change my nationality. I think I'd rather be Iranian, Palestinian, or Sri Lankan than British. And I am aware that its petty, and I recognise the absurdity of it all, but I really am becoming that hardline!

I'm sure you can change your nationality. Your psyche requires it more, but hey, the internet can only do so much.... :D

Pitman and Teeline are both pretty poor, to be honest. I prefer Beadle.

Ah, ok. What the f**k is Beadle? I just want one that I can learn for free that I can use during lectures. I tend to zone out easily when listening to someone talk, so if I'm taking down everything they say, I'm more likely to keep listening than if I'm just looking out for the bits that seem important.

Ah, ok. What the f**k is Beadle? I just want one that I can learn for free that I can use during lectures. I tend to zone out easily when listening to someone talk, so if I'm taking down everything they say, I'm more likely to keep listening than if I'm just looking out for the bits that seem important.

He's joking about Jeremy Beadle having a short hand!

I can do Teeline, I hardly ever use it any more though. Reckon I'd struggle to hit 80wpm these days.

I want to learn shorthand, but I don't want to have to pay to do it. I've got one of those Teach Yourself books on it, but it's not a great way to learn, and it's Pitman, whereas I fancy Teeline because it looks easier.

Teeline's much more common sense.

You're worth buying the book Teeline Gold, and see if you can get a few CD's at different speeds. It's the cheapest way of doing it.

He's joking about Jeremy Beadle having a short hand!

I can do Teeline, I hardly ever use it any more though. Reckon I'd struggle to hit 80wpm these days.

D'oh. :ph34r:

Teeline's much more common sense.

You're worth buying the book Teeline Gold, and see if you can get a few CD's at different speeds. It's the cheapest way of doing it.

I'll see if I can find it. Thanks. :)

I want to learn shorthand, but I don't want to have to pay to do it. I've got one of those Teach Yourself books on it, but it's not a great way to learn, and it's Pitman, whereas I fancy Teeline because it looks easier.

Teeline is much easier. I've not had to use it for years but do still find myself writing the odd word down in shorthand when I'm on a course and they go too fast.