Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

Most people pronounce it Yolk like Oak. I suspect she pronounces it like Olk.

Yeah...I suspect that I pronounce the "ol" bit like you would with "old".ph34r.gif

A silent "l", yeah like "yoke".

Ah feck.sad.gif

Edited by xbl

Speaking of silent l's, when I was in high school I used to work at a call centre in Kirkcaldy. 80% of the time I gave out the address to English customers they would correct my pronunciation of Kirkcaldy to pronounce the l. Kirk Aldi.

Phew. Glad I got that off my chest.

Hold it right there, how do YOU pronounce yolk?

Rhymes with boak, obviously.

I cringed when my Grandad once tried to use the word "boak" but pronounced it "bow-ack".

The same man pronounces "Audi" "Oddie".

Edited by Überschwänglichen

I have just spent 2 hours watching a collaborative Youtube Blog between a young couple, one of whom looks like David Tenant and lives in Stirling/Edinburgh and the other whom lives in Sydney.

Link? I know too many people who live in Stirling/Edinburgh not to take a look.

Hold it right there, how do YOU pronounce yolk?

Like a normal person!

Link? I know too many people who live in Stirling/Edinburgh not to take a look.

Search "vloglovers" and you'll find the channel. The guy is about 20, was at Wallace High or whatever the Stirling one is called, recently dropped out of Uni at Edinburgh. He had been doing English Lit, but intends to reapply to do Film.

FFS I shouldn't know this... it's some random bloke off the internet that looks like Docor Who :ph34r:

Just had a lovely steak pie that I got from the butchers at the end of last week.

Unfortunately I just noticed it was 2 days out of date so Steven and me are having a "first one to throw up is a pussy" competition. I reckon I have the edge in this due to my 23 years of constant curry.

Just noticed the two posts above mine. :lol:

Edited by Ceratogyrus

A few years back, I placed myself in the moderate camp with regard to Scottish Independence. I mean, sure I believed in it, but it was never that big a deal. For example, I cared far more about the Palestinian movement and about environmentalism than I did about independence. Hell, I used to vote Lib Dem! But somehow, over the last few years, I have gradually become very, very pro independence. I really only just noticed it today.

When and how did this happen? When did I become this radical? I tried to play some online tennis, and the big thing about Grand Slam tennis is that you get to "represent your country and earn points online". I now refuse to play online because I don't want to be associated with earning points for Britain. I recognise how absurd it is, and yet, I still do it.

Am I the only one that has experienced this in the last couple of years? Has anyone else become more Scottish and less British of late?