Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

I had a tutor for Economics last year, and he was from Chicago, and at one point I handed a book back and he said "Thank you, Sir!"

Sure he wasn't a Fifer?

Chicago, Buckhaven, they're pretty much the same thing.

Something else... Americans weird me out.

And not in the "They're all fat and McDonalds Guantanamo Black President Baseball y'all!" way.

I had a tutor for Economics last year, and he was from Chicago, and at one point I handed a book back and he said "Thank you, Sir!"

Wait. What? Don't call me Sir! It's weird. I'm like 10 years younger than you, and you're teaching me stuff that I'm, in all honesty, not really listening to.

Bloody Americans. They confuse me.

The bald guy with the glasses? Comes across as very polite whenever I've seen him. Maybe our cousins from across the pond are just over-polite. I can see why it is seen as an annoying thing though.

The bald guy with the glasses? Comes across as very polite whenever I've seen him. Maybe our cousins from across the pond are just over-polite. I can see why it is seen as an annoying thing though.

Yeh, that's him. He's incredibly polite. It doesn't annoy me, it's more sort of unnerving. I'm also not being entirely serious.

I don't know if I'm being harsh here, but from my experience, women lecturers/teachers make things sound a hell of a lot more boring than men do. The only exception to this rule I have found thus far is our lecturer on German Comparative Politics, who is American (indeed another generalisation I've found to ring true is that North Americans make more interesting lecturers/teachers).

I don't know if I'm being harsh here, but from my experience, women lecturers/teachers make things sound a hell of a lot more boring than men do. The only exception to this rule I have found thus far is our lecturer on German Comparative Politics, who is American (indeed another generalisation I've found to ring true is that North Americans make more interesting lecturers/teachers).

From my experiences at uni so far, I've gathered that lwith ecturers/tutors:

Americans are enthusiastic but too nice.

Germans/Dutch are fairly robotic and lack any real emotion.

Asians (oriental), try too hard andlack any sense of humour.

My Venezuelan and Danish tutors I had last semester were two of the best I've seen. Good mix of qualities and very approachable.

From my experiences at uni so far, I've gathered that lwith ecturers/tutors:

Americans are enthusiastic but too nice.

Germans/Dutch are fairly robotic and lack any real emotion.

Asians (oriental), try too hard andlack any sense of humour.

My Venezuelan and Danish tutors I had last semester were two of the best I've seen. Good mix of qualities and very approachable.

Must admit I've never found the Americans "too nice".

We had an Eastern European for part of Politics last session and the words "incoherent", "inaudible", "ineffective" and "uninspiring" sum up the experience quite succinctly.

I don't know if I'm being harsh here, but from my experience, women lecturers/teachers make things sound a hell of a lot more boring than men do.

I'm with you on that, women lecturers are rubbish! Even the girls in my course used to say the same.

Woman lecturers - rubbish

Women tutors - good

Only had one woman tutor since going to Uni, so can't really comment, but certainly University people seem generally infinitely more engaging in a tutor environment generally.

Our team (whites) beat the other team (blacks) at 5's tonight by 4 goals.

I've not played football by race in years!

I just went into the livingroom to tell my mum Morton were 1 - 0 up. The sheer elation on her face.

I then told her I was kidding, and Celtic were 2 - 0 up with 10 minutes gone. She wasn't quite so happy.

I then told her it's still 0 - 0. She's a bit pissed off...

I've not played football by race in years!

I just went into the livingroom to tell my mum Morton were 1 - 0 up. The sheer elation on her face.

I then told her I was kidding, and Celtic were 2 - 0 up with 10 minutes gone. She wasn't quite so happy.

I then told her it's still 0 - 0. She's a bit pissed off...

It's great, it was 8 v 2!!

I want a bannister I can slide down.

When I was young, I had this rather naff sofa bed thing whose arms were attached by velcro. Many was the weekends my cousin and I used to use the arm-less bed part to 'sledge' downstairs on, with hair-raising, and in one case, very painful, results.

Happy days.

We have a very nice new bar person in our local who just started this evening.smile.gif

During the Rangers game she let it be known that she's an Ibrox Season Ticket holder and has been since she was sixteen. sad.gif

As both statements cancel each other out in my books, it seemed appropriate to share this with you all here.rolleyes.gif

We have a very nice new bar person in our local who just started this evening.smile.gif

During the Rangers game she let it be known that she's an Ibrox Season Ticket holder and has been since she was sixteen. sad.gif

As both statements cancel each other out in my books, it seemed appropriate to share this with you all here.rolleyes.gif

Guaranteed she has the virus.