Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

how do you avoid attending uncomfortable social events where you have no viable excuse to avoid? The housewarming of a former 'friend' and her new fiancee might be a good example.

there really is no viable excuse -I'm known to be doing nothing that evening short of faking a family massacre, which WOULD be discovered to be a lie and lead to more tension.

frankly I'm praying for more snow at this point.:(

Are you not studying something at the moment? I'm sure you could have forgotten a 10,000 word essay that's due at the end of the week or something.

how do you avoid attending uncomfortable social events where you have no viable excuse to avoid? The housewarming of a former 'friend' and her new fiancee might be a good example.

there really is no viable excuse -I'm known to be doing nothing that evening short of faking a family massacre, which WOULD be discovered to be a lie and lead to more tension.

frankly I'm praying for more snow at this point.:(

Just send a message saying you just don't feel up to it (not a lie). I'm one of these folk that can't be arsed with uncomfortable situations. If I think a night out is going to go that way I just don't bother going unless there's going to be folk there I'm desperate to see.

Not worth it for me I'm afraid - sack it off! ;)

Are you not studying something at the moment? I'm sure you could have forgotten a 10,000 word essay that's due at the end of the week or something.

thats a grey area. in theory there are two parts to what I do and some people know one part and others the other part. I make a point of not letting people know both parts. hell even rowan and her husband don't know the truth -they only know the main cover story.

unfortunately this person knows another version. but I take the point of using some sort of 'work' related diversion.

Just send a message saying you just don't feel up to it (not a lie). I'm one of these folk that can't be arsed with uncomfortable situations. If I think a night out is going to go that way I just don't bother going unless there's going to be folk there I'm desperate to see.

true. its awkward though since I would quite like to see some of these people I haven't seen in 3 months but the others -who are annoyingly pleasant- I'd rather avoid since I'm trying to cultivate a dislike for them. ach I'll probably end up going and then leaving earlier than I planned. -see HSF this might be your pals problem with the pub!

that's another thing -how do you cultivate a dislike for someone who rationally is a thoroughly pleasant person?

Went up to my mates with a couple of guys from a band we know, and we were merrily jamming away until 4 in the morning. 4 part vocal harmonies at the top of our voices as well, fueled by Buckfast. It was sensational.

"hopelessly staring into a mirror, looking at two blank eyes staring back, right through me..."

Went up to my mates with a couple of guys from a band we know, and we were merrily jamming away until 4 in the morning. 4 part vocal harmonies at the top of our voices as well, fueled by Buckfast. It was sensational.

"hopelessly staring into a mirror, looking at two blank eyes staring back, right through me..."

Stop it Toma. You're scaring me. :(

I took the kids a walk down the beach today. We walked about four miles and I had to carry them the last mile. They are sitting round the fire now playing video games and they hate my guts!biggrin.gif

But they will sleep tonight.

Guest The Phoenix

I took the kids a walk down the beach today. We walked about four miles and I had to carry them the last mile. They are sitting round the fire now playing video games and they hate my guts!biggrin.gif

But they will sleep tonight.

:lol:

That post actually does belong in this thread.

Nice signature, at least you're honest unlike most women. :unsure:

Only had 1 alcholic beverage all year. Not sure if that is a good thing or not.

Ditto...and even then it was soon after the bells.

Mind you, I've decided that, while not giving up alcohol altogether, I'm doing to either drink less, or spread my consumption out a bit.

Basically, I don't want to get pissed.

Edited by The Master

Mind you, I've decided that, while not giving up alcohol altogether, I'm doing to either drink less, or spread my consumption out a bit.

May as well drink less then. No point in spreading it out, it just means you'll be nearly pished more often, and pished never. Being nearly pished is crap.

Guest The Phoenix

May as well drink less then. No point in spreading it out, it just means you'll be nearly pished more often, and pished never. Being nearly pished is crap.

Being nearly pished is magic.

The hard bit is judging the point when you are a sniffter away from being pished.