Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

2 hours ago, Newbornbairn said:

r/manchester - Not a fan of how this is spreading...

I never knew this was a thing. 

Costco, at least in the U.S., has had people at the door matching items in your cart to your receipt for a couple of decades now.

49 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Costco, at least in the U.S., has had people at the door matching items in your cart to your receipt for a couple of decades now.

Yes but if you don’t have a “cart” with stuff in it no problem. If you don’t have a receipt it looks like you cant leave that store unless you see a staff member. Baloney. 

2 hours ago, Soapy FFC said:

Or if you use the self checkout, and choose not to print a receipt

Introduced to Cameron Toll a couple of weeks back, Soapy, you don't get the choice not to print.

10 hours ago, TxRover said:

They do in UK and Australia too, but to be honest whenever I've had my receipt checked its been like this 

worst-security.gif

12 minutes ago, Swarley said:

They do in UK and Australia too, but to be honest whenever I've had my receipt checked its been like this 

worst-security.gif

Same here in the Philippines in some stores. In theory, they are supposed to match receipt to items purchased but rarely do.  One time they did with me and it blew the guard's mind because I had paid for 2 items and was only taking 1 away - the other was being delivered.  He needed a manager to make sense of what was happening.  

Last night, my 13 year old daughter and I watched the neighbour's cat stalk, catch, release, catch again and generally murder a mouse. 

When the cat got it, my kid was whispering under her breath "Kill it! Kill it!"

13 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Last night, my 13 year old daughter and I watched the neighbour's cat stalk, catch, release, catch again and generally murder a mouse. 

".. It's the circle of life.." 

2 hours ago, scottsdad said:

Be afraid. Be very afraid!

6 hours ago, Swarley said:

worst-security.gif

Around here it’s a bit more real…look at the receipt, generally count items in the cart, much more careful look if you have a “controlled” item (jewelry, watches, the stuff behind the desk), and a swipe of a permanent marker across the receipt. No swipe on receipt, return is refused.

1 hour ago, TxRover said:

Around here it’s a bit more real…look at the receipt, generally count items in the cart, much more careful look if you have a “controlled” item (jewelry, watches, the stuff behind the desk), and a swipe of a permanent marker across the receipt. No swipe on receipt, return is refused.

If only there was a way you could fake the swipe at home...

11 minutes ago, GordonD said:

If only there was a way you could fake the swipe at home...

Amusingly they rotate colors and styles of swipe (vertical, horizontal, green, pink, blue, black, etc) and I’ve seen them check the receipt versus a list…guess it works for them.