Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

10 minutes ago, Shotgun said:

Regarding boring names - I used to know a lad called David who had two brothers. Stephen and John. Stephen, John & David. Why even bother giving them names at all if that's all the effort you're going to put into it.

With apologies to all the Stephens, Johns and Davids of P&B.

My mate John's dad and grandad are also called John. To avoid confusion within the family, the older Johns are universally known as Jack and Jocky. Why not just give your son a different name to start with if you're going to confuse your family for generations?

Older P&Bers may remember watching Dr. James Burke on telly. A scientist who explained things in a way even us normal people could understand. This popped up on my Fizzbook page this morning.

The Greatest Shot in TV History

Obviously, the greatest shot in TV history was Archie Gemmell's goal against Holland but this is still worth a watch.

29 minutes ago, Zetterlund said:

My mate John's dad and grandad are also called John. To avoid confusion within the family, the older Johns are universally known as Jack and Jocky. Why not just give your son a different name to start with if you're going to confuse your family for generations?

Always found naming a child after yourself to be a really weird tradition.

5 minutes ago, RawB93 said:

At least we don't have suffixes after the name like the Yanks do.

"Joseph Biden Jr." - the man is eighty, FFS. How old does he have to be before he can drop the 'Junior' bit?

1 hour ago, Shotgun said:

Regarding boring names - I used to know a lad called David who had two brothers. Stephen and John. Stephen, John & David. Why even bother giving them names at all if that's all the effort you're going to put into it.

With apologies to all the Stephens, Johns and Davids of P&B.

Something that's always mildly amused me is Bear Grylls has 3 sons. "Jesse" which is arguably a normal name and then "Huckleberry" and "Marmaduke"...

I can imagine Jesse playing his PS5 and looking outside the window to see Huckleberry and Marmaduke in the back garden scranning worms with Bear clapping in the background. 

9 hours ago, scottsdad said:

dodgy-tattoo-1290243

I hadn't considered the idea of spiders emerging from my urethra before, so thanks in advance for that screaming nightmare.

Please delete before @KnightswoodBear see this; thanks.

43 minutes ago, RuMoore said:

Something that's always mildly amused me is Bear Grylls has 3 sons. "Jesse" which is arguably a normal name and then "Huckleberry" and "Marmaduke"...

I can imagine Jesse playing his PS5 and looking outside the window to see Huckleberry and Marmaduke in the back garden scranning worms with Bear clapping in the background. 

I'm sure the children of Bear Grylls spend lots of time with PlayStations.

1 hour ago, RuMoore said:

He was going to name his next son after his favourite boxer until it was pointed out that 'George Foreman Grylls' wasn't really a good idea.

38 minutes ago, GordonD said:

He was going to name his next son after his favourite boxer until it was pointed out that 'George Foreman Grylls' wasn't really a good idea.

On that subject, George Foreman has twelve children, five of whom are boys all called George. One of his daughters is called Georgetta

Edited by Bert Raccoon

15 minutes ago, Bert Raccoon said:

On that subject, George Foreman has twelve children, five of whom are boys all called George. One of his daughters is called Georgetta

Still less of a minter than Jermaine Jackson, whose kids are called Jermaine, Joi, Jaimy Jermaine, Jeremy, Jourdynn, Jaafar, and Jermajesty.

Jeremy. FFS.

9 hours ago, RawB93 said:

For fear of him seeing it I know someone called, let's say 'Rabert'

In stead of Rab, Robert and Robbie in his three generation case. It's Robert (his son) Roberts dad (himself) and Roberts dad's dad.

It's exactly the type of scenario you imagine.

1 hour ago, Derry Alli said:

In stead of Rab, Robert and Robbie in his three generation case. It's Robert (his son) Roberts dad (himself) and Roberts dad's dad.

My grandad was Richard and his first son was named Richard who had a son named Richard who had a son named Richard. So it was Grandad, Uncle Dick, Little Richard or Ricky and Wee Richard. Someone did a family tree once and Richard and James were common both reaching double figures going back to some time in the 18th century. In a time of large families and higher infant mortality there a few occasions where a James or Richard died young where the name was recycled when child number 5 or beyond was born. 

I had one of the strangest dreams of my life last night. I was caught shagging some black actress from a show in the 90's and was chased out of town by her redneck father who was a sheriff. He was also white and an actor in the 90's.

The town eventually ended up being Monifieth as I drove away at speed with the police car and a flat tyre.

The sheriff ended up ratchet strapped to an advertising board, me stabbed in the leg and the denizens of Linlathen celebrating his capture.

I have no idea where it comes from, or what it means. I live in neither of those places and I never ate cheese, drunk or took any acid.

The mind is a fucking crazy thing.

4 hours ago, Derry Alli said:

I'll hold my hand up now - 

Grandad, dad, me and son all have same name - but it is Auld Jim, Jim, Jimmy and James.  

No f**** given! 

Joined a meeting once with a guy called Michael Michael Michael, which I found hilarious for obvious reasons and said to him you should just have your name on your email signature as Michael³ didn't go down that well for some reason, got a bit awkward after that.