Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

Didn't work from Tuesday to Friday last week. Spent last night thinking I would have tons and tons piled up waiting for me to come back to. 

Everything cleared off by ten past nine. 

I'll just knock off for the afternoon. Fuckit.  

On 28/03/2023 at 16:35, GordonD said:

It's six months to the day since I had the tumour removed from my leg. The wound has healed nicely but the course of radiotherapy I had at the beginning of the year has brought out a couple of blisters that still need the dressing changed three times a week, but everything is heading in the right direction and two follow-up scans have come back all clear.

Thank you, NHS.

Excellent news.

Radiotherapy can sometimes cause burns or blisters, but that's outweighed by what the radiotherapy is attacking. (Easy for me to dismiss blisters & co., as I didn't get any.)

Horrified shopper demands Sainsbury’s rename ‘wildly inappropriate’ and ‘sexist’ steak

thumbnail_-_2023-04-04T095606.101.png

A Sainsbury's customer is calling for the supermarket to come up with a new name for one of its steaks after being left 'shocked' over its 'sexist' choice.

Rose Robinson, from Norwich, Norfolk, was so stunned by the sight she came across in Sainsbury's that she reactivated an old Facebook account to spread the word

I'm the least Karen-like person I know, honestly," she said, as she explained that she'd taken to Facebook after attempting to raise the issue with Sainsbury's customer service desk.

It all began on 23 March, when Rose spotted the 'big daddy beef rump steak' on the supermarket shelf.

"It just felt wrong and unnecessary," Rose said, so she approached a member of the staff who advised her to complete an online feedback form..

She looked up 'big daddy' on the Urban Dictionary, and explained: "It doesn't even just relate to a masculine power boss, there's actually a sexual prowess meaning to it.

"One of the terms, forgive me for speaking freely, that came up on the top of the Google search was referencing someone who is 'good with his wood.

Rose decided to share her dismay on Facebook in a further attempt to 'bring it to the attention of someone in Sainsbury's'.

She continued: "'Big daddy' - it says it all doesn't it? My understanding is that it was called that to emphasise its supersized nature and it just felt like it was probably marketed more towards appealing to a man, than a woman. It certainly didn't appeal to me.

"I just feel like anything that's sold as a generic food type, with reference to a gender, is just not necessary. We all eat - male, female, or whatever you identify as nowadays. I just don't think that gender needs to come anywhere into the playing field when marketing food.

"I was just really shocked. I'm not someone that's normally a huge campaigner or activist but it just struck me as completely out of place and just didn't feel right in this day and age."

Rose suggested that a name like 'supersized steak' or large steak" would have achieved the same impact, and suggested it should be immediately renamed 'from this point forward'.

14 minutes ago, bennett said:

Horrified shopper demands Sainsbury’s rename ‘wildly inappropriate’ and ‘sexist’ steak

A Sainsbury's customer is calling for the supermarket to come up with a new name for one of its steaks after being left 'shocked' over its 'sexist' choice.

Rose Robinson, from Norwich, Norfolk, was so stunned by the sight she came across in Sainsbury's that she reactivated an old Facebook account to spread the word

I'm the least Karen-like person I know, honestly," she said, as she explained that she'd taken to Facebook after attempting to raise the issue with Sainsbury's customer service desk.

It all began on 23 March, when Rose spotted the 'big daddy beef rump steak' on the supermarket shelf.

"It just felt wrong and unnecessary," Rose said, so she approached a member of the staff who advised her to complete an online feedback form..

She looked up 'big daddy' on the Urban Dictionary, and explained: "It doesn't even just relate to a masculine power boss, there's actually a sexual prowess meaning to it.

"One of the terms, forgive me for speaking freely, that came up on the top of the Google search was referencing someone who is 'good with his wood.

Rose decided to share her dismay on Facebook in a further attempt to 'bring it to the attention of someone in Sainsbury's'.

She continued: "'Big daddy' - it says it all doesn't it? My understanding is that it was called that to emphasise its supersized nature and it just felt like it was probably marketed more towards appealing to a man, than a woman. It certainly didn't appeal to me.

"I just feel like anything that's sold as a generic food type, with reference to a gender, is just not necessary. We all eat - male, female, or whatever you identify as nowadays. I just don't think that gender needs to come anywhere into the playing field when marketing food.

"I was just really shocked. I'm not someone that's normally a huge campaigner or activist but it just struck me as completely out of place and just didn't feel right in this day and age."

Rose suggested that a name like 'supersized steak' or large steak" would have achieved the same impact, and suggested it should be immediately renamed 'from this point forward'.

What a great idea for a thread…names/words we can no longer use because they might offend some snowflake because they have a new meaning in the Urban Ditionary…

I suggest we start with “docking”.

Edited by TxRover

2 hours ago, bennett said:

I hope she didn't look up 'Rump' on Urban dictionary.