Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

Planes, Trains and Automobiles is brilliant. The scene when Neal realises Del is a desperately lonely man who has no longer has anyone and goes back to find him still at the train station always gets me.

18 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

The police think it might - might - be antifreeze, although the autopsy results aren't back yet. There has been a spate of dog poisonings over the last 10 years in Stewartstown (which is a right distance away from us), using antifreeze. Nobody has yet been apprehended.

The other cat is hanging on, but I don't hold out much hope, tbh.

Died last night.

2 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

Died last night.

Sorry. Antifreeze is a real nasty thing, with a sweet smell/flavor that attracts animals, so it is possible it was accidental, not that that helps much. Hopefully the police can find out something and nothing else happens in this line in the area, but if someone is found responsible, I’ll wave all my objections to torture and cruel and unusual punishment.

9 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Sorry. Antifreeze is a real nasty thing, with a sweet smell/flavor that attracts animals, so it is possible it was accidental, not that that helps much. Hopefully the police can find out something and nothing else happens in this line in the area, but if someone is found responsible, I’ll wave all my objections to torture and cruel and unusual punishment.

Can't see how it would be accidental - assuming it is antifreeze, not confirmed as yet - antifreeze is usually in a jar/bottle, some could be accidentally spilled, but I reckon someone has left antifreeze in a saucer/dish for them. If it is antifreeze.

That's 6 cats been poisoned here over the years - probably the last 10 years.

3 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

Can't see how it would be accidental - assuming it is antifreeze, not confirmed as yet - antifreeze is usually in a jar/bottle, some could be accidentally spilled, but I reckon someone has left antifreeze in a saucer/dish for them. If it is antifreeze.

That's 6 cats been poisoned here over the years - probably the last 10 years.

If it’s antifreeze it has to be deliberate. I was wondering if your cat could have munched on a poisoned mouse or something, they're supposed to survive for a while after they eat bait inside a house. 

1 hour ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Is this the guy who puts mince in his macaroni cheese mocking other peoples' culinary preferences?

23 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

Not in, underneath.

TBH, we do this too. I urge you not to knock this until tried.

39 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

I'm watching - and quite enjoying the woman's league Cup Final between Arsenal and Chelsea right now. 

Arsenal are 2-1 up less than half hour in and are playing some very composed football.

Put it on after watching Rangers Women vs Spartans - which was dreadful.

The top WSL teams  - Arsenal, Chelsea, Man U and Man C - are a great watch and this is an enjoyable final.