Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

1 minute ago, KirkieRR said:

That is chuffing outrageous. I hope you manage to nail whoever did it.

They weren't caught the last time, so it's highly unlikely.

The ironic thing is it's the 2 young cats we got last year that are dead/dying, the 2 older ones are still living.

27 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

They weren't caught the last time, so it's highly unlikely.

The ironic thing is it's the 2 young cats we got last year that are dead/dying, the 2 older ones are still living.

Sorry to hear that. Find it hard to believe someone would do that. Is it definitely deliberate poisoning? Did the vet confirm?

4 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Sorry to hear that. Find it hard to believe someone would do that. Is it definitely deliberate poisoning? Did the vet confirm?

The dead one is away for an autopsy requested by Environmental Health. I suppose it's hard to prove if it's deliberate or not, but why is poison left out?

He's not the first cat to be poisoned round here over the years.

Edited by Jacksgranda

1 minute ago, Jacksgranda said:

The dead one is away for an autopsy requested by Environmental Health. I suppose it's hard to prove if it's deliberate or not, but why is poison left out?

No, what I mean is could the cats have eaten a substance which is toxic to them which has been left (carelessly) in their reach? Again, why would you poison a cat?

2 minutes ago, SlipperyP said:

Are they just targeting your pets or other neighbours experiencing the same

Ours are outside cats so they roam all over the village.

As I say other cats have been poisoned over the years, accidentally or otherwise.

1 minute ago, Jacksgranda said:

Ours are outside cats so they roam all over the village.

As I say other cats have been poisoned over the years, accidentally or otherwise.

Same as mine, so no idea what their eating outwith your view.

Hard to pinpoint in was deliberate 

2 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

Someone left out poison and one of our cats is dead. Looks like the other one will go the same way.

Two very sad girls here earlier on.

Happened before, years ago, although that cat survived, but its immune system was very weakened and died eventually.

Very sad news, both the hurt to two innocent animals and their human friends. Time for some Old Testament justice, IMHO, if it was deliberate. If it was accidental, I certainly hope the person(s) responsible properly admit it and come forward. (written as I look at our 15 y-o tabby)

5 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

Someone left out poison and one of our cats is dead. Looks like the other one will go the same way.

Two very sad girls here earlier on.

Happened before, years ago, although that cat survived, but its immune system was very weakened and died eventually.

The police think it might - might - be antifreeze, although the autopsy results aren't back yet. There has been a spate of dog poisonings over the last 10 years in Stewartstown (which is a right distance away from us), using antifreeze. Nobody has yet been apprehended.

The other cat is hanging on, but I don't hold out much hope, tbh.

Somebody on a Scottish bus alighting at the roughest part of the route on a Friday night with what looks like a brand new cricket bat. Am I going to be appearing in CCTV footage shown to a court in the near future, or maybe it's just somebody's Mexican Night involving a pinata?

Edited by Hedgecutter

35 minutes ago, TxRover said:

One of the more unappreciated little bits in the movie…

image.thumb.jpeg.8cdb3fb977468b5f5f69ae393ffaf735.jpeg

For me the best joke of the Airplane! series is William Shatner's "No Tower?" scene from the sequel.  

From 26 secs:

5 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

The police think it might - might - be antifreeze, although the autopsy results aren't back yet. There has been a spate of dog poisonings over the last 10 years in Stewartstown (which is a right distance away from us), using antifreeze. Nobody has yet been apprehended.

The other cat is hanging on, but I don't hold out much hope, tbh.

Terrible that shit, all the best.

On 02/03/2023 at 21:14, jimbaxters said:

Your diet's making you delirious 😉

Aye ok ,as everyone says ,planes trains ,airplane , and I also loved the national lampoon ones 😀