Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

3 minutes ago, oldbitterandgrumpy said:

Been asked for a sample on a regular occurrence. Never done it. Just can’t bring myself to put it in an envelope and post it. I know, I know, it’s in my own interest to do it, there’s just something stopping me. Sending your shite in the post? I know I should. Maybe it’s just the idea of sending shite via the Royal Mail. Maybe it’s just a bit too personal for my generation. I’ll think about it and maybe do it next time. 

FFS just do it. There's nothing to it. I've be sending off samples for years.

My (at the time symptomless) cancer was diagnosed on the foot of a blood sample to check out a chest infection.

44 minutes ago, oldbitterandgrumpy said:

Been asked for a sample on a regular occurrence. Never done it. Just can’t bring myself to put it in an envelope and post it. I know, I know, it’s in my own interest to do it, there’s just something stopping me. Sending your shite in the post? I know I should. Maybe it’s just the idea of sending shite via the Royal Mail. Maybe it’s just a bit too personal for my generation. I’ll think about it and maybe do it next time. 

Send one big shite in a box and tell them to take bit out of it every two years.

7 hours ago, oldbitterandgrumpy said:

Unless your tests are different from over here it’s less than a grain of rice x 2 samples they need. Keep number one in the fridge until you do number two number two. Stick them in the bag and post. Be thankful you’re not the one opening the mail. We have free screening every 2 years from age 50 to 74. Did my most recent at the start of this month and all clear. Get it done! 

55 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

Believe it or not, some 'boffin' has actually thought of the practicalities of this, and has invented a device that ensures neither the sender nor the recipient gets crap on their fingers.

Unless they're an absolute cretin, obviously.

You got crap on your fingers, didn't you?

6 hours ago, Eednud said:

Unless your tests are different from over here it’s less than a grain of rice x 2 samples they need. Keep number one in the fridge until you do number two number two. Stick them in the bag and post. Be thankful you’re not the one opening the mail. We have free screening every 2 years from age 50 to 74. Did my most recent at the start of this month and all clear. Get it done! 

You keep shite in the fridge? Fucking Hell!

17 hours ago, oldbitterandgrumpy said:

Send your dug's shite instead, they probably won't notice unless it's got worms.

I've just been in a meeting where someone used the phrase "all off the southern".

I thought I was either going mental or the person in question is a complete moron. A colleague more familiar with the person who said it has confirmed that while the former may be true, the latter certainly is, and, yes, this person regularly says "all off the southern" instead of "all of a sudden".