Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

8 hours ago, scottsdad said:

s-l500.jpg

My son showed me this. I think he expected me to willingly fork out £45 for this - no chance. 

What do people do with these things?

Trekkies will buy any old shit with branding on it. They’re idiots …

8 hours ago, scottsdad said:

s-l500.jpg

My son showed me this. I think he expected me to willingly fork out £45 for this - no chance. 

As they're limited editions you keep it in the box in a safe and flog it for twice the price in a few years 

9 hours ago, scottsdad said:

s-l500.jpg

You just know that the person that buys this will end up in A&E having those pulled out of their arsehole.

49 minutes ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

You just know that the person that buys this will end up in A&E having those pulled out of their arsehole.

*Ahem*.............................

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2023/feb/20/its-not-a-darning-tool-its-a-very-naughty-toy-roman-dildo-found

14 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Was my man's funeral this morning.

I'm absolutely knackered. Didn't get much sleep last night but that was mainly due to the shite pillows my older brother and his wife provided! Well they weren't actually shite, just not ones I like/use.

Was worried how the funeral was but was over really quickly. Did a wee reading of something I wrote and was glad I was able to do it. When we were walking behind her coffin going in to the crematorium I had the thought that I was looking at a stark dose of reality. Was all a bit surreal this morning getting in the fancy big car to ride behind the hearse and walking past everyone to the front row when we got to the crematorium. Thought the old curtain close was going to be rough but I was ok. The photo montage to music got a few folk but mostly there were chuckles, as we'd picked some amusing ones to go with the nice ones. Having a wee laugh at some of the silly ones helped.

Thankfully the funeral went well (you know what I mean) and was really nice to see loads of family. Insert the usual cliche about funerals and weddings.

Glad I decided not to drink today. Plenty of beers and other stuff was had after. No judging those who did, but I can get emotional when drinking if I'm not careful/have heightened emotions.

Pleased that it's all done with now (the funeral I mean; we're getting a headstone and burying her ashes in the cemetery in the village she lived in/my dad lives in, but that won't be for a bit yet).

A little worried that things might suddenly 'catch up with me' at some point over the next few days/week, but I think I'm going to be ok.

Condolences. Folk leave a wee piece of themselves behind in your mind, if you're lucky. Keep that with you.

And aye, everything about funerals is surreal.