Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

1 hour ago, tamthebam said:

bought a cheap negative/slide scanner the other day and thought I would try it out with a mystery packet of slides that have been kept in a drawer for decades. They date from 1972/73 (very young bam is in some of them) and have faded unfortunately. If I had the patience I would feck about with photoshop adjusting them but here they are: 

Out of interest, what make/model did you buy, and would you recommend it?

2 hours ago, tamthebam said:

bought a cheap negative/slide scanner the other day and thought I would try it out with a mystery packet of slides that have been kept in a drawer for decades. They date from 1972/73 (very young bam is in some of them) and have faded unfortunately. If I had the patience I would feck about with photoshop adjusting them but here they are: 

We've got hundreds, maybe thousands of the things, and I found the firm linked below. They'll do a sample of 5 slides for free, including improving damaged or faded ones if you ask. Here's a bit from the email they sent with the digital copies:

Sample number 3 was colour damaged due to some fungal spots, we made some adjustments which were very strictly in line with what we would do for pictures as part of normal order;  It would be easy to fully restore an individual sample picture to give an unfair impression so we always avoid doing this!  So picture 3 is improved but certainly not perfect.  If you had a “must have” image we’d certainly be happy to restore it for you.

https://theslideconverter.co.uk/

This was back in 2021, haven't quite got round to sorting out the rest of the slides for posting to them..:bag The samples came out really well.

Edited by welshbairn

7 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

@tamthebam - nice sandals big man.

Cheeky fecker....you had the audacity to refer to me as a podophile ?

2 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

Ain't me, I was six months old at the time....

Having said that I did have sandals later in the 70s. Maaan I liked my sandals...peace and love ✌️8)

Sunnysan's ya bass.........

sunnysan.jpg.58c2e1e7365b5f781216212c469b0e3f.jpg

2 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Having said that I did have sandals later in the 70s. Maaan I liked my sandals...peace and love ✌️8)

Sandals, eh? We used to have to cut the toes off an old pair of wellies...

10 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

Sandals, eh? We used to have to cut the toes off an old pair of wellies...

10 hours ago, GordonD said:

A PAIR of wellies? Luxury...

4 hours ago, alta-pete said:

Lucky lucky b*****ds. I always got two lefts. Size 10. When I was 12yo 

2 hours ago, TxRover said:

You had shoes? We had to take pieces of discarded tyre tread and string…

image.jpeg.092674fc595017c10961e05f5bd6ac3f.jpeg