Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

Was playing Champ Man 01/02 on my lunch earlier and in season 02/03 the Challenge Cup final between Ayr and Livingston was held in front of 8455 fans.

In Aberdeen.

At the Sports Village (Chris Anderson stadium) which holds.....300?! 

Ayr won 2-1 for those interested. Sheerin and Bradford for Ayr with Aurelio getting a consolation.

33 minutes ago, Shotgun said:

I'll admit, it's been a while since I last read Beano but I really don't remember this second character.

The company owns flagship brands including Beano, the UK’s longest-running comic and home to famous characters including Dennis the Menace, and the People’s Friend. 

Jeremy Hardy in ISIHAC:

To the tune of the Red Flag:

"The People's Friend is hardly read,

Except by those who are nearly dead.."

Currently having an issue with British Gas, won't bore you with details but came across this wee snippet someone left at the end of their review of BG after having been mucked around by them for months.

It is exactly how I feel about BG / Scottish Power at the moment.

"British Gas, is a perfect example of how broken, and rapidly declining Britain has become. Poor service, duplicity, incompetence and a profound lack of responsibility, culpability and accountability. It's not just the government, it's the entire infrastructure and mentality of the society. A society unwilling to get their hands dirty and make the changes so desperately needed, a society that has allowed this sickness to take root, spread and prevail."

Survey on what punishment people think should apply to various crimes.

Really hope they kept the details of the 1% who said rape should be punished with community service. I also appreciate the hard core 1% who want 15+ years in prison for not wearing a seatbelt while driving.

McDonald's to remove 'tasteless' sign opposite Cornwall crematorium

The advertising poster next to the sign for Penmount Crematorium has largely been greeted with hilarity

0_LT-100223-crem.jpg

Burger giant McDonald's has said it will remove a "tasteless" sign opposite a crematorium in Cornwall after the unfortunate coincidental placement was pointed out by CornwallLive. Although the advertising hoarding has caused hilarity among motorists who spot it on the busy A39, others fear it may upset grieving families.

The sign, advertising the fast food chain's McCrispy burger, is right next to a crematorium sign and has been placed on a bus stop directly opposite Penmount Crematorium on the road between Truro and Carland Cross.

One woman, whose mother-in-law was cremated at the establishment last year, said: "Although I can see the funny side, it is tasteless and I'm sure some grieving family members won't like to see it when visiting Penmount for the funeral and cremation of a loved one.

"No worse than our local council entertaining the idea of allowing a crematorium to be built next door to a retirement village."

"Fell off the chair laughing." And, of course: "I’m lovin’ it" - the chain's slogan

7 minutes ago, bennett said:

The advertising poster next to the sign for Penmount Crematorium has largely been greeted with hilarity

0_LT-100223-crem.jpg

Burger giant McDonald's has said it will remove a "tasteless" sign opposite a crematorium in Cornwall after the unfortunate coincidental placement was pointed out by CornwallLive. Although the advertising hoarding has caused hilarity among motorists who spot it on the busy A39, others fear it may upset grieving families.

The sign, advertising the fast food chain's McCrispy burger, is right next to a crematorium sign and has been placed on a bus stop directly opposite Penmount Crematorium on the road between Truro and Carland Cross.

One woman, whose mother-in-law was cremated at the establishment last year, said: "Although I can see the funny side, it is tasteless and I'm sure some grieving family members won't like to see it when visiting Penmount for the funeral and cremation of a loved one.

"No worse than our local council entertaining the idea of allowing a crematorium to be built next door to a retirement village."

"Fell off the chair laughing." And, of course: "I’m lovin’ it" - the chain's slogan

Reminder that we need Chick-fil-A or Popeyes over here.

22 minutes ago, bennett said:

0_LT-100223-crem.jpg

Bit of a faux pas stating it was tasteless.

13 hours ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Currently having an issue with British Gas, won't bore you with details but came across this wee snippet someone left at the end of their review of BG after having been mucked around by them for months.

It is exactly how I feel about BG / Scottish Power at the moment.

"British Gas, is a perfect example of how broken, and rapidly declining Britain has become. Poor service, duplicity, incompetence and a profound lack of responsibility, culpability and accountability. It's not just the government, it's the entire infrastructure and mentality of the society. A society unwilling to get their hands dirty and make the changes so desperately needed, a society that has allowed this sickness to take root, spread and prevail."

We're run by spivs basically