Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

Cleese making a huge error of judgement here, I think. Destruction of a legacy..........

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2023/feb/07/fawlty-towers-john-cleese-reboot

"John Cleese is set to reboot his much-loved comedy series Fawlty Towers.

The actor and writer will team up with daughter Camilla Cleese, with the pair both set to write and star. The new series will “explore how Cleese’s over-the-top, cynical and misanthropic Basil Fawlty navigates the modern world”, according to early information, with the plot focusing on his relationship with his daughter as they manage a boutique hotel together."

13 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Cleese making a huge error of judgement here, I think. Destruction of a legacy.....

Surely can only be about the money.

I enjoyed Faulty Towers as a youngster. But you look back over the content and the subsequent actions of the individual involved and you wonder about some of the “jokes”.

Is he actually a racist? I dunno but he seems a bit angry and controversial with his opinions down the years. 

19F8AA26-EAB9-4CDC-8D5C-CFB69F344D2C.thumb.jpeg.04deab974a002899dc0c0495871c4fce.jpeg

Edited by Molotov

1 minute ago, Molotov said:

I enjoyed Faulty Towers as a youngster. But you look back over the content and the subsequent actions of the individual involved and you wonder about some of the “jokes”.

Is he actually a racist? I dunno but he seems a bit angry and controversial with his opinions down the years. 

It was made in 1975 and to quote the now-standard BBC disclaimer, 'reflects the views and social mores of the time'....(or similar BS).

I think he and Neil Oliver must have the same debilitating neurological condition.

3 hours ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Cleese making a huge error of judgement here, I think. Destruction of a legacy..........

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2023/feb/07/fawlty-towers-john-cleese-reboot

The actor and writer will team up with daughter Camilla Cleese, with the pair both set to write and star. The new series will “explore how Cleese’s over-the-top, cynical and misanthropic Basil Fawlty navigates the modern world”, according to early information, with the plot focusing on his relationship with his daughter as they manage a boutique hotel together."

No doubt it'll never make it to air, not due to it being utter pish, but because of the woke movement cancelling everything.

3 minutes ago, Swarley said:

No doubt it'll never make it to air, not due to it being utter pish, but because of the woke movement cancelling everything.

In 2018 he did a (sic) 'sitcom' called Hold the Sunset, which was utter pish, I sense this enterprise may be the same.

3 hours ago, Molotov said:

19F8AA26-EAB9-4CDC-8D5C-CFB69F344D2C.thumb.jpeg.04deab974a002899dc0c0495871c4fce.jpeg

A bit old to get pregnant surely. 

6 hours ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

main-qimg-a21444eb4ac0dc0469ae055ff20b8347.webp.9b04a7607014bed02c6e3a74d6ae24d5.webp

16 hours ago, bennett said:

I’d say ‘73 or ‘74…starting mid-‘75 was the beginning of some rapid price increases as the pound’s strength against other currencies took a dump.

On 07/02/2023 at 12:58, Arch Stanton said:

Jim Goodwin wasn't out of work for long, he's the new President of the Czech Republic. 

https://news.yahoo.com/petr-pavel-czech-war-hero-070630958.html

No doubt they'll be knocked out the World Cup 1-0 by the Eritrea.

4 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Had a look at his recent tweets and Cleese seems to have softened up on the anti-woke stuff, more about bashing the Tories.

Cleese being rebellious by re-donning his Liberal Democrat hat. 

Part of me wants to see him cancelled just for the chortles. 

He really has become an insufferable p***k of a man

Edited by Cosmic Joe