Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

10 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

It's the same dull depressing shite all the time. And they clearly have a good voice as La La La by Naughtyboy that they featured in was a cracking tune and the vocals were really good. No idea why it's turned so dull. 

I've no idea who it is, should probably go read signs getting old thread.

I don't like large hotel bedrooms, the type with a ridiculous amount of floor space that's pointless unless you're planning on putting up a Christmas tree that needs space to circumnavigate.

I don't have a problem with large rooms such as assembly halls or Seville Cathedral per se, but whenever I end up in some stately home (touristy stuff, I'm not a friend of royalty) or even an old West End residential block I just constantly think that living in a house with big rooms with high ceilings (nothing to do with the cost of heating them), especially massive bathrooms, would make me rather uncomfortable.  

Anyone else the same?

Have any P&Bers downsized from a palace to a more standard house / flat valued at <£400k?

3 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

I don't like large hotel bedrooms, the type with a ridiculous amount of floor space that's pointless unless you're planning on putting up a Christmas tree that needs space to circumnavigate.

I don't have a problem with large rooms such as assembly halls or Seville Cathedral per se, but whenever I end up in some stately home (touristy stuff, I'm not a friend of royalty) or even an old West End residential block I just constantly think that living in a house with big rooms with high ceilings (nothing to do with the cost of heating them), especially massive bathrooms, would make me rather uncomfortable.  

Anyone else the same?

Have any P&Bers downsized from a palace to a more standard house / flat valued at <£400k?

Not per se, but am currently esconsed in a low ceilinging abode that made me feel squeezed for about a day before it became normal. Floor space is nice when you have it, but living without it isn't that difficult until you try to shove 10 pounds of stuff into a 5 pound sack.

Edited by TxRover

2 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

I've found @Shotgun's hoose.

To paraphrase the Scottish-Jewish poet, The Rabbi Burns, my hame is in the highlands. Pine trees rather than open plains.

However, while Colorado is famous for its mountains, large parts of the state are very much like this in terms of topography. Something else not well known is just how desperately poor the bulk of rural America is. Leave the major cities and highways, and you'll find towns just like this, or not much bigger all over the place. Depressingly, the majority of people living in these areas firmly believe that Trump is the country's last defence against the descent into Communism.

Fun fact: The architectural style of the white(ish) house shown at the beginning of the clip is known as a "Shotgun Shack", which is where I thought @Miguel Sanchez was going by tagging me. The name comes from the fact that should you desire, you could fire a shotgun from the front door out the back door without any pesky walls getting in the way. I have no doubt there are people who have tried this.