Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

5 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

I wish I knew as much about my employment contract as well as folk on P&B know about the contracts of every industry under the sun 

Contract law is a piece of pish. I can think of about 10 posters on here that could make a living from it, but choose to demonstrate their acumen on here.

10 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

It's all kicking off in Winnipeg:

Winnipeg Jets: fight results in two arrests | CTV News

Two Manitobans face a number of assault charges after a fight broke out at a Winnipeg Jets game Tuesday night.

The Winnipeg Police Service (WPS) say they helped Canada Life Centre security staff deal with several 'uncooperative patrons' being evicted from the game against the Colorado Avalanche.

Police say special duty officers found an uncooperative woman and a man in the stands detained by True North security staff.

Officers placed the suspects under arrest and took them out of the stands. However, police say the woman spat at one of the arresting officers, who then applied a spit mask to stop her from doing it again.

Have any P&Bers ever had a "spit mask" applied to them while being lifted?

It's that time of year again.  I've managed again to hold off until today putting up the Christmas tree and decorations but as we're already behind the neighbours I have to concede and get on with it.

I actually love Christmas and don't even mind putting the stuff up but it's getting started that's the hardest part.

27 minutes ago, hk blues said:

It's that time of year again.  I've managed again to hold off until today putting up the Christmas tree and decorations but as we're already behind the neighbours I have to concede and get on with it.

I actually love Christmas and don't even mind putting the stuff up but it's getting started that's the hardest part.

My street has none up yet, I am proud to say.

My 12 year old is pressuring me however to get the decorations up as it is now December.

2 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

My street has none up yet, I am proud to say.

My 12 year old is pressuring me however to get the decorations up as it is now December.

Here they say the Ber months so decorations start to appear in September.  Not everywhere, but probably 5-10% of folk follows this as well as all the shopping centres. By now it's up to about 50% so we're not the minority yet but by Monday would be if I don't get in my preemptive strike!

My young lad is 10 but hasn't really pestered us and gets bored after half an hour putting them up. 

2 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Here they say the Ber months so decorations start to appear in September.  Not everywhere, but probably 5-10% of folk follows this as well as all the shopping centres. By now it's up to about 50% so we're not the minority yet but by Monday would be if I don't get in my preemptive strike!

My young lad is 10 but hasn't really pestered us and gets bored after half an hour putting them up. 

Last year loads of people put their up early, mid-November. I reckon it was a covid-related thing. This year seems to be a reaction to that.

When I was at school, one boy in my class's dad was a minister. Their decorations went up in October, and came down at the end of February.

10 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Last year loads of people put their up early, mid-November. I reckon it was a covid-related thing. This year seems to be a reaction to that.

When I was at school, one boy in my class's dad was a minister. Their decorations went up in October, and came down at the end of February.

I don't know how much it costs to light a Christmas tree but your classmate's dad would need to be a multi-millionaire to keep a Christmas tree lit for 4 months nowadays!

4 minutes ago, hk blues said:

I don't know how much it costs to light a Christmas tree but your classmate's dad would need to be a multi-millionaire to keep a Christmas tree lit for 4 months nowadays!

Hopefully energy costs will deter the usual Santa mentalists from this nonsense :-

xmas.jpg.c8663a7378800249a94b95184cbfcaab.jpg                        

scrooge.jpg.9e0caa45e70514dbf8a6aa69ee4492b6.jpg

26 minutes ago, hk blues said:

The two 10m ropes lights out front consume 12w combined, so if on 8 hours a day they cost about £1 for the month.

1 minute ago, Soapy FFC said:

The two 10m ropes lights out front consume 12w combined, so if on 8 hours a day they cost about £1 for the month.

Good grief, man.....that would pay for new crutches for Tiny Tim, a fat goose for the table and a boatil of Pomeroy's finest Chateau du Greenock...........

11 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

First filmed interview with the legend in seven years.

Talking common sense as usual.

Thank you.

Does he walk off again moaning about being too cold?

6 hours ago, hk blues said:

Since folk have stopped getting milk delivered, this is the time of year when I get to see if any of the non-immediate neighbours have kicked the bucket yet.

I was sitting outside a supermarket waiting for my wife to finish grabbing a few things. Watching people it was amazing how many rules people break - parking in parent and child spaces with no child, leaving trollies next to their space rather than walking ten yards to put them back, stopping for ages to pick up and drop off people right outside the door rather than in the drop off point, about fifty feet away.

I was sitting outside a supermarket waiting for my wife to finish grabbing a few things. Watching people it was amazing how many rules people break - parking in parent and child spaces with no child, leaving trollies next to their space rather than walking ten yards to put them back, stopping for ages to pick up and drop off people right outside the door rather than in the drop off point, about fifty feet away.

Have you considered a few months trial period of relentless grassing?

6 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
12 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Have you considered a few months trial period of relentless grassing?

I’ve decided to jump straight to the ultraviolent vigilante stage so I beat the shite out of the disabled guy who didn’t put his trolley back. He won’t make that mistake again.

1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

Was the bench comfy?