Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

A local fire brigade has issued an urgent message to anyone who is attempting to cook a steak in a toaster.

In what is the latest potentially hazardous trend taking over TikTok, thousands are taking part in the 'toaster steak' challenge, which as the name suggests, you put a raw steak in a toaster to cook.

Toaster.png

The trend has got that out of hand, the London Fire Brigade has had to issue a statement telling people not to take part.

Screenshot_2022-11-19_at_11.42.27.png

40 minutes ago, bennett said:

A local fire brigade has issued an urgent message to anyone who is attempting to cook a steak in a toaster.

In what is the latest potentially hazardous trend taking over TikTok, thousands are taking part in the 'toaster steak' challenge, which as the name suggests, you put a raw steak in a toaster to cook.

Toaster.png

The trend has got that out of hand, the London Fire Brigade has had to issue a statement telling people not to take part.

Screenshot_2022-11-19_at_11.42.27.png

On the contrary, please do cook a steak in a toaster. And once it’s switched on, please make sure you use a metal fork to poke it into the machine.

(not you obvs Benny).

Flying to Gibraltar tomorrow and have realised that booking the hotel on the Spanish side might not have been the brightest idea given all the faff going on regrading movement from Gibraltar1 into the EU.  I'm seeing online reports of folk being turned away because they can't provide a full itinerary of their tour, or can't show that they have a spare 1,400 Euros in order to stay for 14 days (need a spare 100 for each day, apparently).

1. Note how I didn't say Gib 2.  God I hate that word.

2. Fcuk. I said it.

16 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Flying to Gibraltar tomorrow and have realised that booking the hotel on the Spanish side might not have been the brightest idea given all the faff going on regrading movement from Gibraltar1 into the EU.  I'm seeing online reports of folk being turned away because they can't provide a full itinerary of their tour, or can't show that they have a spare 1,400 Euros in order to stay for 14 days (need a spare 100 for each day, apparently).

1. Note how I didn't say Gib 2.  God I hate that word.

2. Fcuk. I said it.

The other problem here is that people from Gibraltar are the worst example of humanity

Away with work and since they're paying for tea I ordered a succulent Chinese meal. What turned up looked fucking horrific (Peking beef and chicken fried rice, spring onions, onions and beansprouts) was genuinely one of the best Chinese meals I've ever had. 

Tasty Hong Kong, Lerwick.

(They do all manner of nice sounding dishes, if I make it back before departing tomorrow I'll try the jack Daniels sesame seed chicken)

From The Grauniad :-

Breaking: Cristiano Ronaldo is leaving Manchester United with immediate effect by way of a “mutual agreement” that is almost certainly more mutual on United’s part than it is on his. It’s typical Ronaldo; he even has to hijack a minute-by-minute report of a match between Mexico and Poland in a bid to make it all about him.