Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

31 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Got a phonecall from the doctor there at 10 past seven, giving me the results of a sputum sample I left in this week.

He's getting a prescription ordered for me tomorrow morning. A different antibiotic from the one I finished on Thursday, which was a different one from my usual one.

Pretty good service, although there's a wee niggle at the back of my head, could this not have waited till Monday?

But he's maybe the doctor on call this weekend and is just tidying up his paperwork, rather than playing GTA.

After things you've been through having that wee niggle is not too surprising or unreasonable. Your medical notes possibly have a big red flag at the top to let GPs know to make you a priority. Stay well - hope the new antibiotic proves effective. 

2 minutes ago, House Bartender said:

After things you've been through having that wee niggle is not too surprising or unreasonable. Your medical notes possibly have a big red flag at the top to let GPs know to make you a priority. Stay well - hope the new antibiotic proves effective. 

I've maintained for well over a year that I've a deep rooted lung infection that's never been knocked on the head, and just rumbles away. flaring up occasionally, despite regular doses of antibiotics (although I think a 5 day course is not enough, a 7 day course is needed) and the only times I feel it has been dealt with was when I was in hospital and on my recuperation - 8 weeks of antibiotics - and last week when I was on another 7 day course, with different antibiotics from my usual. The doctor did say the infection in my sputum wouldn't get dealt with by that one, so that's why he's prescribed me this new one. However, he seems to think this one will do the job. 

Maybe this time.

The consultant did tell me I had a "very complicated chest", which I took to mean they weren't sure what was wrong with me, but would keep persevering.

3 hours ago, welshbairn said:

No idea what area of business you're going into, but if it was me I'd be passing off a lot of that stuff to an accountant. Takes them a fraction of the time as they do it all day and worth every penny imo. When I was doing mainly self employed work I'd just hand him over a shopping bag of receipts at the end of the year and let him get on with it, only cost a few hundred. 

Yup - my accountant charges me ~£340 per year, and as part of doing my annual accounts, shows me proof of how he's saved me more than that in tax. So I get his services for nowt, compared to if I self assessed, AND I don't have to do all that crappy paperwork. 

12 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

I've maintained for well over a year that I've a deep rooted lung infection that's never been knocked on the head, and just rumbles away. flaring up occasionally, despite regular doses of antibiotics (although I think a 5 day course is not enough, a 7 day course is needed) and the only times I feel it has been dealt with was when I was in hospital and on my recuperation - 8 weeks of antibiotics - and last week when I was on another 7 day course, with different antibiotics from my usual. The doctor did say the infection in my sputum wouldn't get dealt with by that one, so that's why he's prescribed me this new one. However, he seems to think this one will do the job. 

Maybe this time.

The consultant did tell me I had a "very complicated chest", which I took to mean they weren't sure what was wrong with me, but would keep persevering.

We're you in hospital, I wish you'd  said!

26 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

:lol:

I can't really complain about the NHS

8 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

We're you in hospital, I wish you'd  said!

Don't you listen to that sarcastic old cynic, granda, you should be writing a book about your hospital experiences.

20 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Don't you listen to that sarcastic old cynic, granda, you should be writing a book about your hospital experiences.

:lol:

There's people suffered - and are suffering - far worse than I did.

Some poor woman died on a trolley waiting for admission to the Royal Victoria in Belfast this week.

4 minutes ago, Empty It said:

I forgot about her, desperate to be the new Steve Jobs.

She got off lightly imo, flogging a medical diagnostic kit that she knew didn't work. Don't give a f**k about all the rich mugs and celebrities who invested in it mind.

Edited by welshbairn

2 hours ago, coprolite said:

In defence of employment, someone else bears the costs of my procrastination, laziness and incompetence. 

I had this discussion last week with a colleague. I don't mind them working, as long as they are discreet and don't set any precedents.

On 17/11/2022 at 20:23, johnnydun said:

Does any of our older generation on here play walking football? Surely there must be some kind of urge to make a sprint for the ball if it is 5ft in front of you?

I know a few.

Some about my age which surprises me as they’re still fit.  Id like to think I’ve a few more toddles/own goals around Soccerworld before I reach that stage yet.