Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

12 hours ago, hearthammer said:

Just watched University Challenge for the first time in ages, mainly because St Andrews University were on.  Was immediately struck by the normally sharp and sometimes intrusive delivery of Jeremy Paxman being impeded due to his Parkinson's Disease onset.  A visible and audible example of how this horrific disease can impact an otherwise cogent and articulate orator.   Chapeau to Paxman for continuing in his role whilst the disease is at an early (??) stage.

In a similar vein, Chris Kamara carrying on broadcasting with speech apraxia. It would have been easy for him to just quit working on TV but he hasn't.

13 hours ago, hearthammer said:

Just watched University Challenge for the first time in ages, mainly because St Andrews University were on.  Was immediately struck by the normally sharp and sometimes intrusive delivery of Jeremy Paxman being impeded due to his Parkinson's Disease onset.  A visible and audible example of how this horrific disease can impact an otherwise cogent and articulate orator.   Chapeau to Paxman for continuing in his role whilst the disease is at an early (??) stage.

Saw it too, he says it's his last series.

16 hours ago, hearthammer said:

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2022/oct/04/jeremy-paxman-got-parkinsons-diagnosis-after-doctor-saw-him-on-tv

The wife was supposed to visit her pal in early September for a week, but her pal pulled out with about 2 weeks to go. The wife was disappointed. They rearranged the trip for this coming Saturday.

She should be away Saturday to next Sunday. I am still 50/50 if this will go ahead. Her pal is quite flaky and won't think twice about cancelling at the last minute. At the same time, my brain is thinking about my week at home with the big TV, nightly curries and beer - I mean, at home with the kids.

3 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

16655510314414633855118570840593.thumb.jpg.5e8753873419a1fa7b67b6c39cb4ed5f.jpg

As if the poor wee bugger hasn't had it hard enough already. :(

The perfect set-up for the old joke about him phoning his mum after his first game.

"It's your fault we moved to Dundee in the first place!"

1 hour ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

During my research on behalf of His Majesty the King. I witnessed this scene. The owners might regret calling it Liquor and Burn, in the latest circumstances.

20221012_143942.jpg

It's a pity it wasn't The City on Oldham Street, it could do with being burned down.

11 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Except perhaps Inverkeithing and Arbroath. 

The trend is reversing, The Masonic, Hat and Ribbon, Volunteers have closed in the last 3 years, leaving just 4 pubs left, The Central looked the most likely to go tits up but is open for now.

4 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

During my research on behalf of His Majesty the King. I witnessed this scene. The owners might regret calling it Liquor and Burn, in the latest circumstances.

20221012_143942.jpg

Liquor and Burn? It would probably be better if she put some cream on the infection first.