Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

28 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Grandkids, 6 and 9, were playing at drug dealers last night and school shooters this morning. I couldn't see much difference in each really. But who said kids don't know how to amuse themselves these days?

I read this that your grandkids were hanging out a the local dealers house last night.

1 hour ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Grandkids, 6 and 9, were playing at drug dealers last night and school shooters this morning. I couldn't see much difference in each really. But who said kids don't know how to amuse themselves these days?

We used to play Japs and Commandos. New generation, new world to influence them.

Anyone ever had Heart ablation surgery? I have a recently discovered heart condition and from the treatment options that or doing nothing (with a small potential for a fatal heart attack type thing) seem to be the best two.

Everyone I know is trying to get me to have the surgery as it should fix it but I’m a bit scared, preferring the do nothing option myself as I probably will have f**k all idea what’s going on if I have a heart attack anyway.

12 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

Anyone ever had Heart ablation surgery? I have a recently discovered heart condition and from the treatment options that or doing nothing (with a small potential for a fatal heart attack type thing) seem to be the best two.

Everyone I know is trying to get me to have the surgery as it should fix it but I’m a bit scared, preferring the do nothing option myself as I probably will have f**k all idea what’s going on if I have a heart attack anyway.

Scary stuff I do not doubt. 

I (not having been there myself, sorry) would suggest trusting the medically trained experts.

They’re there for a reason. The P&B massive can offer a range of views…

9 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

Scary stuff I do not doubt. 

I (not having been there myself, sorry) would suggest trusting the medically trained experts.

They’re there for a reason. The P&B massive can offer a range of views…

Yeah, don’t worry I am not looking for medical advice, more just wondering if it’s as bad as I am thinking it sounds.

Annoyingly the doctors wouldn’t give an opinion as to what option was best, probably scared they’d get sued if it went wrong. Even when I asked “Medically what would be the best option” she just said they are all options and it’s up to me to decide, which wasn’t all that helpful.

11 hours ago, Jambomo said:

Without knowing a bit more about the underlying heart condition (and I probably wouldn't post about it here), I don't think it's possible to really give a answer one way or the other.

I'd suggest asking the cardiologist what they would personally do in your circumstance and be guided by that. Often in medicine there's not a right or wrong answer and boils down to balancing benefits with potential risks. Since the Montgomery ruling a few years ago, the balance has changed in terms of what doctors are expected to tell patients. It's perfectly reasonable to weigh up the options and decide to do nothing, if that's what you want.

On 08/10/2022 at 02:01, SweeperDee said:

Can I get an ex done for harassment for contacting women that I’m speaking to?

On 08/10/2022 at 06:07, hk blues said:

Yes but would depend on specifics 

I don't think he's going to give you a blow by blow account.

But we can live in hope...

Just watched University Challenge for the first time in ages, mainly because St Andrews University were on.  Was immediately struck by the normally sharp and sometimes intrusive delivery of Jeremy Paxman being impeded due to his Parkinson's Disease onset.  A visible and audible example of how this horrific disease can impact an otherwise cogent and articulate orator.   Chapeau to Paxman for continuing in his role whilst the disease is at an early (??) stage.

Some annoying creature had been eating my bulbs so I went out today and bought an ultrasonic pest repeller.

Came back and parked the car. Noticed just across from my house on the road the flattened body of a grey squirrel. Perhaps my bulbs will be uneaten now.

10 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

Some annoying creature had been eating my bulbs so I went out today and bought an ultrasonic pest repeller.

Came back and parked the car. Noticed just across from my house on the road the flattened body of a grey squirrel. Perhaps my bulbs will be uneaten now.

You just know that squirrel assassin & Eric Clapton lookalike James Marchington gets a raging hardon as soon as his fingers touch that rifle.

1 hour ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:

Jim White?

Good documentary, would recommend. 20221010_215746.jpg

Watched the same programme and said the same thing. 

Mrs a-p (who has always had a wee fancy for that wee sleekit silver fox for 25 years or so):

‘Ocht naw, no my type at all! That wee rat moustache. Euww’. 

I think she’s turning into Isa frae Still Game. But somehow I’ve ended  married to her…

1 hour ago, tamthebam said:

Some annoying had been eating my bulbs so I went out and bought an ultrasonic pest repeller.

Came back and parked . Noticed just across from my house on the flattened body of a grey squirrel. my bulbs will be uneaten now.

Still, at least that's tomorrow's dinner sorted.

Braised squirrel