Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

On 16/08/2022 at 11:32, Venti said:

Pretty sure I'm going to go ahead & pre-order it.

Decent review:

How are you finding it? (The answer better be fucking great because I just ordered one through Tesco Mobile. 🙏)

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

How are you finding it? (The answer better be fucking great because I just ordered one through Tesco Mobile. 🙏)

Funnily enough I ended up cancelling my order.

Had a change of heart after reading some reviews. Just all seemed gimmicky & the crease still is visible.

5 minutes ago, Venti said:

Funnily enough I ended up cancelling my order.

Had a change of heart after reading some reviews. Just all seemed gimmicky & the crease still is visible.

I had a play with one in an airport shop and it convinced me, no obvious crease at all and it felt really good. Here's hoping!

On 05/10/2022 at 12:10, Sergeant Wilson said:

When I worked in the building that straddles the M8. I used to watch the window cleaner on the tenements at the Charing Cross. Absolutely terrifying! This was after 2008.

All mindset.  One of these things whereby nobody has an issue walking along a slightly raised plank in a garden, but most folk would absolutely bottle it as soon as the same plank is elevated to potentially nasty fall level.

hHTO4rnWAys4-GNad6QF_TxfTkg=.gif

FWIW, there's a section near the start of Scotland's longest cave that involves a relatively straightforward bridging of a gap that would be a stretcher-job if you fell down.  Nobody has (to date anyway), but I've seen somebody bottle it halfway along and refuse to move until the message "the only person who's getting you out of this situation is you" properly sank in (after ~20 mins of just standing there).  These days the same guy negotiates that section quicker than me!

Edited by Hedgecutter

15 minutes ago, GordonD said:

Thanks for all the good wishes, guys. I went into hospital last Wednesday and had the tumour removed from my leg the same morning. Got home today, never any pain but heavily bandaged right leg and left thigh where they took the skin graft. I have to go back on Tuesday to get the bandage changed and the wound inspected. Meanwhile my leg looks as if a shark has taken a bite out of it but the surgeon was really pleased at how it's healing. Don't look at the photo if you're having your tea (particularly if it's a pizza)

Reveal hidden contents

DSC_0007_BURST2022100308435280_BURST20221003084507136.thumb.jpg.fcf9e44647b350b4fee33cb0876e62d8.jpg

Jesus, state of those toenails! Any news on the removed tumour yet?

26 minutes ago, GordonD said:

Thanks for all the good wishes, guys. I went into hospital last Wednesday and had the tumour removed from my leg the same morning. Got home today, never any pain but heavily bandaged right leg and left thigh where they took the skin graft. I have to go back on Tuesday to get the bandage changed and the wound inspected. Meanwhile my leg looks as if a shark has taken a bite out of it but the surgeon was really pleased at how it's healing. Don't look at the photo if you're having your tea (particularly if it's a pizza)

Hide contents

DSC_0007_BURST2022100308435280_BURST20221003084507136.thumb.jpg.fcf9e44647b350b4fee33cb0876e62d8.jpg

Fuckin hell, those feet belong in the Shire.

Glad you're back out and about mate.

35 minutes ago, GordonD said:

Reveal hidden contents

He looks happy, glad you're on the mend 

Spoiler

A618ACF3-8142-48C0-98FC-2331555F57F3.thumb.jpeg.b6f6673f5a335b769701ed389d558be9.jpeg

37 minutes ago, GordonD said:

Reveal hidden contents

The first thing I saw there was the black-eyed grinning alien sticking it's head out your leg!

1 hour ago, GordonD said:

Hide contents

Glad to hear you are on the mend mate. All the best.