Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

Can't find the actual thread but Gary Lewis goes into the People You Like... Thread. Genuinely sound bloke. Think because he usually plays a bit of an arsehole in things you stupidly expect him to be the same in real life. Met him a few times now and he always blethers away like he's known you for years. Gid c**t.

Aye the whole "look how high he is!!!!" was massively overplayed. He always looked a bit mental, but you see similar type celebrations on a regular basis and folk don't fall over themselves to say that someone is 'clearly high'.
Of course Maradona freely admitted to doing loads of drugs in his life, but he notes that he usually got in shape for playing. 
This has all came from reading his book, which incidentally I didn't like that much despite coming away from it fairly convinced that he was a fairly decent lad.

But I watched multiple replays of that celebration, and the only time he looks crazed is in a still. That's what everyone remembers, but most goal celebrations could get a still taken from them that would make someone look nuts.

In reality the part where is is running at the camera lasts a split second. There's nothing in it. His whole team goes mental.

3 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

This has all came from reading his book, which incidentally I didn't like that much despite coming away from it fairly convinced that he was a fairly decent lad.

But I watched multiple replays of that celebration, and the only time he looks crazed is in a still. That's what everyone remembers, but most goal celebrations could get a still taken from them that would make someone look nuts.

In reality the part where is is running at the camera lasts a split second. There's nothing in it. His whole team goes mental.

Aye, you'll similar on Match of the Day and Sportscene.

7 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

I know I've posted a few articles from this publication on here in the past, BUT...

Who'd live in Lancashire?

Who wouldn't?  Manchester and Cheshire are 'hot' with so much new development.  Plus the Unis of Lancaster and Manchester are world-class.

Just because someone in Lancs slapped you about the coupon with a pease pudding doesn't mean you have to write off the entire region.

3 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Who wouldn't?  Manchester and Cheshire are 'hot' with so much new development.  Plus the Unis of Lancaster and Manchester are world-class.

Just because someone in Lancs slapped you about the coupon with a pease pudding doesn't mean you have to write off the entire region.

It wasn't a pease pudding, it was a Hollands Meat & Potato fucking pie.

Have you ever been to Lancashire?

3 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

It wasn't a pease pudding, it was a Hollands Meat & Potato fucking pie.

Have you ever been to Lancashire?

Literally hunners of times from playing the Uni of Lancs at egg-chasing in the 80s to managing a sales team in Warrington in the 90s to taking my son back to Uni last week.

I know you had a torrid time.  But you're now away from the big bad Lancastrians,  Let it go.

18 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

This woman makes a compelling argument.

See the source image