Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

1 minute ago, Jacksgranda said:

It wasn't dispensing cash, as the 2 people behind me also found out, before joining me in the queue for the machine that actually did what the public want it to, dispense cash.

That's a definite yes. Good man.

If anyone else wonders why people do this, it's because the other residents of the home heard they were going in to the town and wanted a reminded of their fortune. I got that answered when I worked at a Post Office and you'd regularly get staff and/or residents coming in to pick up money and statements for their clients/friends. One auld boy would come in weekly and leave with near enough a couple of grand in a handbag, which seemed...less than ideal.

12 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

It wasn't dispensing cash, as the 2 people behind me also found out, before joining me in the queue for the machine that actually did what the public want it to, dispense cash.

This is always concerning, you tell people it's not working, they give you eye then proceed to find out its not working.

And you stand and watch😄

Tomorrow you will do again for sure  

Buddha said (really me) never trust the person in front of the ATM, my card works. 

Edited by SlipperyP

16 minutes ago, SlipperyP said:

This is always concerning, you tell people it's not working, they give you eye then proceed to find out its not working.

And you stand and watch😄

Buddha said (really me) never trust the person in front of the ATM, my card works. 

Like when people turn up to find everybody standing outside "The door's locked", but they try the handle anyway.

11 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Like when people turn up to find everybody standing outside "The door's locked", but they try the handle anyway.

nailed old man.

I'll not PM you today, let's make it open.

Have a great day, love to you and everyone you know.

22 hours ago, SlipperyP said:

And you stand and watch😄

I told the story before of going to Leicester Square in the days before mobile phones.  There were three public phones with a huge queue for the one on the right.  So I tried the one on the left.  Not only did it work but it gave me my money back.  I told people in the queue but they refused to believe me.

I came back later in the day to use the phone on the left again.  The Queue for the one on the right had hardly moved.

8 minutes ago, Fullerene said:

I told the story before of going to Leicester Square in the days before mobile phones.  There were three public phones with a huge queue for the one on the right.  So I tried the one on the left.  Not only did it work but it gave me my money back.  

I used a phone like that in Thornton. Having fed coins into it some wee neds said when I'd finished my call "don't put the receiver back on the hook". They went round the back, booted the back of it and I got my money back.

11 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

I used a phone like that in Thornton. Having fed coins into it some wee neds said when I'd finished my call "don't put the receiver back on the hook". They went round the back, booted the back of it and I got my money back.

I used a car park in Keswick over 30 years ago, folk were queueing up putting money in and going away tutting.

It was my turn and I fired in 20 pence, nothing happened, then I saw it was £1.50 for an hour, I hit the refund button and it was like a puggie, kicked out about 20 quid, so I paid for the hour and had a bar lunch on the proceeds.

Got a 1:30am call out to attend a man stuck in a building. Turned up, man was not stuck in building. Man was never stuck in building. Man reported he was stuck in building so engineer would attend as big metal door on outside of building would not move on motor, only on chain.

Man no realise door only move on chain because someone took it off motor setting. Engineer pull cable, door work on motor. All fine in world. 

Man be charged about £500 for this. Unga Bunga.

Fucking idiots.

1 hour ago, tamthebam said:

Did they then relieve you of the money?

5 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

Got a 1:30am call out to attend a man stuck in a building. Turned up, man was not stuck in building. Man was never stuck in building. Man reported he was stuck in building so engineer would attend as big metal door on outside of building would not move on motor, only on chain.

Man no realise door only move on chain because someone took it off motor setting. Engineer pull cable, door work on motor. All fine in world. 

Man be charged about £500 for this. Unga Bunga.

Fucking idiots.

How old Cary Grant?