Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

On holiday halfway up Loch Fyne this week. Have been coming here 40+ years man and boy. Never before however have I come across on of these chaps as I did this morning. He didn’t seem too fussed, looked like he’d had a decent recent feed…

98F5783D-ADA4-4841-B54F-D4CF4D9F92A5.thumb.jpeg.c73cc79ffd97e006dc041a93d6763ed0.jpeg

Came across one whilst out walking last weekend, near Clatteringshaws Loch with Mrs C. Haven’t seen one in years, but wasn’t quick enough to whip my phone out for a picture as it soon f*cked off into the longer grass. Thought best not to pursue, but quite exciting all the same.

Bought the Sunday Post the day for the first time in over 30 years (for my wee maw, who is going through a tough time right now). 

Francis Gay's continual seven days' hard would appear to have lead to his demise, but happy to report that Oor Wullie and Jeemie are still going strong. 

IMG_20220904_125408.jpg

I suppose the NHS will have to employ smoking police now.

Anyone caught lighting up within 15m of a hospital building in Scotland could be fined up to £1,000.

Fines for smoking outside Scottish hospitals become law - BBC News

35 minutes ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

The shitebags at NHS Lothian have had a no-smoking policy at ERI for years but only enforced it on staff, not patients. The groups of wheelchair & intravenous drip-bound folk puffing away at the main entrance are a lovely sight to behold.

54 minutes ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

It's the only way it can be enforced. My guess is that of course no one will be employed for such a role and that nothing will change.

11 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

The shitebags at NHS Lothian have had a no-smoking policy at ERI for years but only enforced it on staff, not patients. The groups of wheelchair & intravenous drip-bound folk puffing away at the main entrance are a lovely sight to behold.

You see the same thing outside the front entrance of Ninewells (a terribly designed front entrance incidentally).

5 hours ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Walking into ARI was like coming onto the stage for "Stars in Their Eyes".

Tonight, Matthew, I'm having a lung removed.

9 hours ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

I knew someone who worked in the ambulance service. A patient asked if they could have a fag. My pal pointed out that as they were on oxygen it wasn't a particularly good idea 

12 hours ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

Glad to see that hospitals will have the right to set up smoking shelters for patients. Bit of a pisser for a smoker with terminal brain cancer with weeks to live  or something to be told that, oh, and by the way, you can't smoke anywhere, it's bad for you. 

Land not forming part of a no-smoking area
7.  Land that—

(a)is fenced off or otherwise separated by a fixed boundary from the remainder of the hospital grounds,
(b)is only accessible from a hospital building,
(c)is for use by patients only, and
(d)is clearly marked by a sign, notice or other means as a “designated smoking area”,
does not form part of a no-smoking area outside a hospital building for the purposes of Part 1 of the Act.

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/sdsi/2022/9780111053843?view=plain

On 28/08/2022 at 20:08, Clown Job said:

Someone down in England has used my Just Eat account to help themselves to almost £100 worth or food 

Deleted the app months ago, should have deleted the account Bryan Cranston Reaction GIF

I had my credit card details stolen a few years back, and they primarily maxed it out with hundreds of pounds worth of takeaway food, about a dozen Netflix subscriptions, and a hotel booking at somewhere exotic like Gateshead, all within 48 hours.

I'm assuming there's some way they can cancel the orders and get refunded to another account, because we seriously need a better class of criminal otherwise.

On 28/08/2022 at 21:06, Venti said:

The Running Man starting on 5Action.

That film's an absolute travesty considering how much better the book is. For the film, they only really used the killing game show premise so they could slap Stephen King's name on it.

It's also tremendously entertaining. Jesse Ventura should've been in all of Arnie's films  :lol:

5 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Glad to see that hospitals will have the right to set up smoking shelters for patients. Bit of a pisser for a smoker with terminal brain cancer with weeks to live  or something to be told that, oh, and by the way, you can't smoke anywhere, it's bad for you. 

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/sdsi/2022/9780111053843?view=plain

Yeah, I understand why it's a good thing to get rid of the cloud of smoke at hospital entrances. Forth Valley Hospital's awful for it too; I've seen heavily pregnant lassies puffing away out front before. But there needs to be a private smoking area for folk who are on their way out anyway. Christ, we ought to make sure they can proceed directly to the mainlining of hard drugs if they fancy it.

2 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Imagine smoking ffs. What a weird, pointless and damaging habit.

Every morning at 7am I hear my neighbour having his first smoke of the day at his back door. 

Spends a good 5 minutes coughing his lungs up. It doesn't sound like much fun.

Saves me setting an alarm clock, though.

Whenever I go in the papers/media to do a piece for a charity that has supported me throughout my cancer diagnosis I always receive twitter/Facebook DMs from strangers. Received one a few months ago that went into my spam folder that I only saw this week...

Hi. How are you? I am fine. I just had to reach out to you. It really touch my heart. I know I am a total stranger to ask you but I am a very basic hand knitter and I would like to knit a hat for "sons name", "daughters name" and yourself. Knitting is the only thing that makes me happy. I want to knit for someone whom would appreciate as charity don't appreciate. I am honest, trustworthy, deep caring with kind heart. I hope you can bring a smile to my face. if you do please can you let me know when "sons name" and "daughters name" were born the date and the month for you and your address. I know these are very personal indeed to ask. I really truly hope you don't mind me asking. I can send you my details if you wish. I look forward to hearing from you. 

1 minute ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

Whenever I go in the papers/media to do a piece for a charity that has supported me throughout my cancer diagnosis I always receive twitter/Facebook DMs from strangers. Received one a few months ago that went into my spam folder that I only saw this week...

Hi. How are you? I am fine. I just had to reach out to you. It really touch my heart. I know I am a total stranger to ask you but I am a very basic hand knitter and I would like to knit a hat for "sons name", "daughters name" and yourself. Knitting is the only thing that makes me happy. I want to knit for someone whom would appreciate as charity don't appreciate. I am honest, trustworthy, deep caring with kind heart. I hope you can bring a smile to my face. if you do please can you let me know when "sons name" and "daughters name" were born the date and the month for you and your address. I know these are very personal indeed to ask. I really truly hope you don't mind me asking. I can send you my details if you wish. I look forward to hearing from you. 

Either a very caring old dear who misses their grand kids or some wide-o stalker.

Either way, best avoided IMO. 

1 minute ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

Either a very caring old dear who misses their grand kids or some wide-o stalker.

Either way, best avoided IMO. 

Says she from Thurso so definite weirdo

It's usually magazines etc that message. I got one a couple years ago from a German magazine that put the following in their message "And would you advise other mothers to keep distance to their children if they are suffering from cancer, too?" 😬