Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

They are a sad bunch, as are most who need to adopt an off-the-shelf identity in later life. However, motorcyclists tend to be much better to deal with than bicyclists.
Drinking Brewdog and becoming an "equity punk" is probably a cheaper way to do this, if a bit less dignified.

Driving deaths in Thailand are the worst in the world (I may have mentioned before).  With 24,000 deaths recorded at the road side every year, you can then double that with the deaths that happen on the way to the hospital, in the hospital a few days/weeks later (as they are not counted).

Today our Government have reversed a seatbelt law.

As from 5th Sept '22, you will no longer have to wear a seatbelt, if you are a passenger in the back cabin of a pickup truck.  This is the most popular vehicle as, they are as cheap as chips here. 

example below

isuzu-d-max-dl20.jpg?anchor=center&mode=

Their reasoning, is that some of the older pickup trucks don't have seatbelts, so unfair for everyone to be wearing them.

I'm not making this shite up.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2373676/department-softens-seat-belt-rule 

Been reading The Alan Clark Diaries. From this I found out that upper class slang for a shite is a "Thompson",  and a really good, big, exceptional one is a "Formal Thompson". 

I am absolutely using that in future. How the other half live... 

1 hour ago, scottsdad said:

Been reading The Alan Clark Diaries. From this I found out that upper class slang for a shite is a "Thompson",  and a really good, big, exceptional one is a "Formal Thompson". 

Daley Thompson does not like this.

2 hours ago, scottsdad said:

Alan Clark was an utter upper class cvnt.

4 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

He really was. Amusing diaries though. 

Not sure about that. The political stuff is good but his views on women and how he treated those in his circle was pretty abhorrent.

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2009/sep/27/alan-clark-biography-ion-trewin

Edited by Florentine_Pogen

These companies that rent out temporary traffic lights and cones must be absolutely laughing with the money Edinburgh council must be giving them, roads that were dug up and resurfaced less than a year ago getting done again.