Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

3 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Decent wee area by the looks of it. I'm discovering more and more of Aberdeen with this job and I can honestly say it's got the largest amount of (shite) burger vans. What the f**k are they things they use they claim are "rolls".

Softies min.

I have to admit the rolls in Dundee win nae bather.

54 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

I used to stay up the back of Davy's Chipper.

I can't see past Mike's Famous Chipper though, plus the owner is an old friend of mine.

Reveal hidden contents

That's right, Chipper.

@PWL f**k you, chipper is acceptable.

1 hour ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

Burger in a buttery.

In a softie.

Reveal hidden contents

Fit fine.

I very rarely have a burger from a restaurant but had one for lunch yesterday and it was excellent.

2 hours ago, johnnydun said:

Softies min.

I have to admit the rolls in Dundee win nae bather.

Have a word.

I've lived here for 15 years and love the city, but my freezer always has west coast rolls.  There are a few shops sell them here but they're like gold dust.

4 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Have a word.

I've lived here for 15 years and love the city, but my freezer always has west coast rolls.  There are a few shops sell them here but they're like gold dust.

Nah min, I also lived on the West Coast, along with Fife, Aberdeen, Aberdeenshire and the Moray coast and by far the best 'rolls' I have tased are from Rough and Fraser in Dundee.

IMO of course.

Sitting out the back having a coffee enjoying the sun and my wee boy appears out the bushes wearing his "Explorer" outfit.  It's got a khaki waistcoat, binoculars, compass and all that shit. 

He's just happily playing himself waiting on his pal arriving later. Asked him what he was searching for and his answer was "treasure".

It's just one of those lovely moments watching your kids play and sort of thinking that you're doing an ok job of being a parent. 

He's 6. When do we lose that wonderful innocence? 

IMG20220729160723.jpg

Edited by KnightswoodVanBear

3 minutes ago, KnightswoodVanBear said:

Sitting out the back having a coffee enjoying the sun and my wee boy appears out the bushes wearing his "Explorer" outfit.  It's got a khaki waistcoat, binoculars, compass and all that shit. 

He's just happily playing himself waiting on his pal arriving later. Asked him what he was searching for and his answer was "treasure".

It's just one of those lovely moments watching your kids play and sort of thinking that you're doing an ok job of being a parent. 

IMG20220729160723.jpg

Looking for all that missing tax money IMO.

2 minutes ago, KnightswoodVanBear said:

I remember when my dad took my son for a walk, at about the same age. My son was darting from bush to bush, hiding behind lampposts. Dad asked what he was doing. 

"Looking for snipers" was his answer. 

Even now dad talks about that - must have been a similar moment. 

29 minutes ago, KnightswoodVanBear said:

IMG20220729160723.jpg

Maybe never. He might end up being one of those middle-aged blokes who dots about the place with a metal detector.

Also, congrats on your jungle lair. Was he watching the Amazonian parrots?