Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

I was at a vintage engine event the other day, as part of a family holiday. It’s not really my thing but it was really enjoyable, some beautiful machines on display and a fun day.

However, on the edge of event there were battle re-enactment people and a significant proportion were Nazis. A couple of them had large Nazi flags displayed. It was like that Peep Show episode where Mark becomes involved in a group only to find out they are all Nazis.

18 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

Heard that on the radio this morning. To be fair, they could just administer a dose of magpie/seagull aggro. Seems to have put an end to the rodents round my bit. 

Quite enjoying watching the action unfold down Paisley way as the St Mirren fans come to terms with the fact nobody is paying mega bucks for their player who couldn't get much game time on loan at Queen's Park last season.

2 hours ago, Clown Job said:

Don’t my first Munro climb the other weekend 

I really underestimated how much it takes out of you 

Could barely walk for about 3 days afterwards 

Absolutely loved it though

I climbed a Munro in severe pain. I was blaming my boots but it was later diagnosed as a fallen arch. 

I'm that hard. 

On 10/07/2022 at 01:55, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

Getting a Captain Tom vibe about this.

First thought: Fergie from the Black Eyed Peas has put on some poundage.

Second thought: wait, that's Van Dyke's wife?  :o

2 hours ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

Jeremy's quite right though - it's heritage, innit? Like burning witches, naval press ganging, sending children up chimneys when they're not down mines, tugging forelocks, slavery and only very rich men getting a parliamentary election vote. He'll make a great PM - as indeed would any of the Magnificent 11. (12?). 

Like a choice of which 11 food poisonings would be the best for you.