Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

1 hour ago, alta-pete said:

^^^ is right.

Don’t just neck the stuff though. Or mix it with anything.  

Take it neat, sloosh it round and round the affected tooth for as long as you can manage before you finally need to swallow. And repeat.

Antiseptic of the alcohol kills the bugs in you mouth, mildly anaesthetic to numb the pain into the bargain and rip roaring pished inside an hour. You’ll be fine. 

I’ve got a wisdom tooth that tries to kill me for a couple of days every 5 years or so and I skoosh some chloraseptic into cheap whisky for that bit of anaesthetic. It’s not bad. 

27 minutes ago, Empty It said:

Now I have a hangover and toothache, also to add to an already shite day I've accidentally turned up to my appointment 20 minutes early, f**k mondays.

Wait until they do a wallet biopsy on you to pay for the tooth repair.

Trying to get stuff organised for refurbing bathroom. Spoke with someone at Howdens in Leith last Thursday re. some fairly expensive worktops........"Oh aye, we can come out and measure up, do the templating and the instal...."

Great, thinks I, so today I traipse all the way across town (a major undertaking in Edinburgh atm) to see the material in the flesh and get chatting to a guy in the showroom.

"We only template and instal when we're doing the whole job. You'll have to get your joiner to do it on-site...." I really had to bite my lip..........................

So Howdens lost out on circa. 2.5k and I still need to find some decent worktops.

24 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Trying to get stuff organised for refurbing bathroom. Spoke with someone at Howdens in Leith last Thursday re. some fairly expensive worktops..

Worktops for the bathroom, what are you planning on doing in there?

Edited by welshbairn

15 hours ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Oh come on, she needs somewhere to line up the candles whilst she's luxuriating in an emulsion of unicorn milk and manuka honey.

Similarly, I didn’t know we needed a stone worktop in the bathroom until recently..

image.thumb.jpeg.b794b6755b3a304a8a9058215dc14921.jpeg

(there must have been some wet paint btw, don’t usually put plants etc on the toilet seat)

15 hours ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Oh come on, she needs somewhere to line up the candles whilst she's luxuriating in an emulsion of unicorn milk and manuka honey.

See the source image

1 hour ago, Shandön Par said:

Similarly, I didn’t know we needed a stone worktop in the bathroom until recently..

image.thumb.jpeg.b794b6755b3a304a8a9058215dc14921.jpeg

(there must have been some wet paint btw, don’t usually put plants etc on the toilet seat)

You'll burn your leg on the towel rail.