Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

1 hour ago, Cosmic Joe said:

We once went on holiday to Banff (the Scottish version). It was a safe haven for those of the Catholic faith following the reformation. 

Big team found.

1 hour ago, Cosmic Joe said:

We once went on holiday to Banff (the Scottish version). It was a safe haven for those of the Catholic faith following the reformation. 

You went on holiday after the reformation?

3 hours ago, Cosmic Joe said:

You would be astonished at how few Celtic fans attend Mass in our local church. 

Actually, I wouldn't. No more than I'd be astonished at how few Rangers fans go to a Proddy church, despite how much they sing about it.

5 hours ago, Cosmic Joe said:

You would be astonished at how few Celtic fans attend Mass in our local church. 

Given my healthy disdain for Celtic fans & the fact I live in that England, I concur, that said I call it a Chapel & there appears to be a lot of Liverpool fans attending so I am not sure if I can count it as a win.

9 hours ago, Cosmic Joe said:

I lived on the Banff and Buchan coast for a couple of years. It was shite.

Too much wind and heroin.

30 minutes ago, Empty It said:

Lost a filling today, tooth in agony, phoned NHS24 and there is nowhere open in Edinburgh until tomorrow so just going to the boozer to get plastered, best pain relief.

Whisky is your friend. They've got an emergency weekend dental clinic in Inverness, bit far for you though.

2 hours ago, Empty It said:

Lost a filling today, tooth in agony, phoned NHS24 and there is nowhere open in Edinburgh until tomorrow so just going to the boozer to get plastered, best pain relief.

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

Whisky is your friend. They've got an emergency weekend dental clinic in Inverness, bit far for you though.

^^^ is right.

Don’t just neck the stuff though. Or mix it with anything.  

Take it neat, sloosh it round and round the affected tooth for as long as you can manage before you finally need to swallow. And repeat.

Antiseptic of the alcohol kills the bugs in you mouth, mildly anaesthetic to numb the pain into the bargain and rip roaring pished inside an hour. You’ll be fine.