Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

1 hour ago, Arch Stanton said:

Well then, Magpie was ITV's version of BP. It did finish in the early 80s which might explain your unfamiliarity.

Susan Stranks and then Jenny Hanley who cared about a BP badge.

9 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

fucking noisy twats aswell. My cat noises them up by his mere presence and the won't shut up about it.

They would batter him though

Got woken up early one morning by the sound of what I thought was an alarm going off in the living room. Turned out the cat had brought in a magpie and they were having a stare-down on the bookcase.

5 minutes ago, Shandön Par said:

Got woken up early one morning by the sound of what I thought was an alarm going off in the living room. Turned out the cat had brought in a magpie and they were having a stare-down on the bookcase.

Was that not an episode of Bagpuss? 

26 minutes ago, Shandön Par said:

I'm still recruiting my magpie and crow army, by feeding them peanuts. However, it seems they lack variety in their diet as I had to intervene when they were trying to eat a blackbird on my back step, earlier in the week. Anyway, I got there in time to save the blackie and kept an eye on it until it recovered and flew away. I say flew away, I mean got about 20 yards and got ambushed again in another garden.

I don't think that one ended as well for the blackie.

There seems to be no hard feelings though, as the magpies were back for their peanuts the next day.

1 hour ago, paranoid android said:

Pal was telling me that he and a few other mates were forming a band in the late 70s - one of the stipulations in their advert was 'no poofs'!

How times have changed. 

My mate put an advert in a music paper for a band to share gig costs with his. He knocked a guy back straight away because his name was Edwyn.

I think I know who went on to do better.

37 minutes ago, throbber said:

Aberdeenshire

695DAD38-1A4E-4EA1-B2A8-8EB94CA658CA.jpeg

We once went on holiday to Banff (the Scottish version). It was a safe haven for those of the Catholic faith following the reformation. 

Edited by Cosmic Joe