Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

7 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

@Stellaboz is an absolutely excellent lad and I'm always incredibly grateful and happy that he's one of my best friends and that he and his brilliant wife are two of my favourite people. I love them both.

Alright, what did you do?

On 21/06/2022 at 09:39, virginton said:

It's really not 'the top' though when the sport in question is just boxing.

Sorry for slow reply but I’ve been painting tents for The Queen!

Leigh Griffiths in the media today saying “boxers are a different breed and footballers have it ten times easier than them” and that he “wishes he’d done this type of training earlier”. 

I’ve trained alongside former pro footballers, alongside elite youth amateurs (from clubs who have churned out Scotland players) and they either find themselves out of their depth fitness/motivation-wise or find a new level of fitness and self belief. I’ve sparred pro and elite amateur fighters and the training is almost transcendental such are the physical and mental extremes. Griffiths’ reaction is a fairly typical one. I’m not saying boxers are better sportspeople, simply saying than in my first hand experience that football people in Scotland need to up their game in terms of pushing their minds and bodies to be better.

Leigh Griffiths is an obvious, well-documented moron though, whose individual failures of conditioning just led to him washing up at 'Falkirk' at a ludicrously young age. His insight on the application of a typical Scottish professional footballers is as irrelevant as boxing is to football in the first place. 

6 minutes ago, virginton said:

Leigh Griffiths is an obvious, well-documented moron though, whose individual failures of conditioning just led to him washing up at 'Falkirk' at a ludicrously young age. His insight on the application of a typical Scottish professional footballers is as irrelevant as boxing is to football in the first place. 

4A083975-7F1E-4570-9875-7F20E82C2FC2.jpeg.81fb706572308de1b00b76473c6f251a.jpeg

19 hours ago, Cosmic Joe said:

On the bus back from Embra and we're passing Ingliston where thousands of people appear to have attended some kind of event. Why? 

I know lower division Scottish fitba can be considered quite niche, but spending a day out looking at tractors and livestock? The size of some of these vehicles in the car parks as well suggests they could probably afford to be something less boring as well. 

Why? 

I was there yesterday, it was great. My wee boy loves machinery and vehicles and we spent ages going round and climbing into the tractors and combine harvesters. He also liked watching the big animals and the competitions. There are also loads of things we never saw as it’s so big, there was a whole big area for kids we never even got to. 

There’s also loads of food tents and stalls selling farm produce, as well as clothes and other gear. Quite a few beer and gin tents as well. 

I really enjoyed it, a great family day. I plan to take the boy to a Highland Games as well soon, I used to get taken to stuff like that when I was a kid, I loved it.

Around 190,000 people attend it in total, it’s a huge event.