Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

And seriously, on a New Order FB group a video was posted to commemorate the 40th anniversary of their single "Temptation". However, rather than play either of the versions which came out in 1982, the musical accompaniment to the video is the dreadful 1987 remix which appeared on their compilation LP "Substance".

I opined as such and it looks like Bernard agrees with me.

On 06/06/2022 at 12:49, Bairnardo said:

Watching Das Boot on Sky atm, and having decided that U Boats appear more perilous places to be than I had assumed, googled it and found out an enormous number of them were wiped out by the Allies.

I had sort of thought that U boat hunting in them days was a bit of pot luck, and that they would have been the safest option if you had to be in the Navy.

Hopefully this was the outstanding film and not the lesser TV adaptation 

41 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

And seriously, on a New Order FB group a video was posted to commemorate the 40th anniversary of their single "Temptation". However, rather than play either of the versions which came out in 1982, the musical accompaniment to the video is the dreadful 1987 remix which appeared on their compilation LP "Substance".

Cheers! Was watching the vid of them doing Rock around the Ckock (in about 1986 or 7) with Bernard wearing some obscenely short shorts.

1 hour ago, Arch Stanton said:

Man liked his shorts short

On 06/06/2022 at 12:49, Bairnardo said:

Watching Das Boot on Sky atm, and having decided that U Boats appear more perilous places to be than I had assumed, googled it and found out an enormous number of them were wiped out by the Allies.

I had sort of thought that U boat hunting in them days was a bit of pot luck, and that they would have been the safest option if you had to be in the Navy.

I'm not a qualified historian but "safe(est)" isn't how I would have described submarines built for a war in the 1940s tbh

3 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Man liked his shorts short

August 84, it was broadcast about 5pm-ish. I had driven down to Greenock to watch us scud Morton 4-0 and, since I wouldn't be back in time, had asked my Dad to record this on my "New Order" VHS tape.

He missed the start :angry:

3 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

August 84, it was broadcast about 5pm-ish. I had driven down to Greenock to watch us scud Morton 4-0 and, since I wouldn't be back in time, had asked my Dad to record this on my "New Order" VHS tape.

He missed the start :angry:

At least someone else did and put it on the internet so even those of us who wouldn't be born for another eight years can enjoy it