Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

4 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

I haven’t been inside a Wetherspoons in nearly four years. Have they gone down or up in that time?

A mate of mine does a trip to a big gig every year with his mates and all his mates want to do is find a Wetherspoons and drink in it until the gig starts. Off to amazing cities in the UK and all they want to do is hit up Spoons.

They haven’t been cleaned, if that helps? 
I was in the one at George Square in Glasgow the other week. It was fine. I mean, a bit shite, but fine. Big outdoor seating area, under cover.  

24 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

I haven’t been inside a Wetherspoons in nearly four years. Have they gone down or up in that time?

A mate of mine does a trip to a big gig every year with his mates and all his mates want to do is find a Wetherspoons and drink in it until the gig starts. Off to amazing cities in the UK and all they want to do is hit up Spoons.

I honestly don’t know - i got unfairly labelled as a spoons enthusiast a few years ago because I recommended the counting house as a good boozer but I couldn’t tell you when I was last inside of one. 

They do a decent breakfast. They’re the McDonald’s of pubs. One in every town in the UK, all pretty similar and all places where culture goes to die. But still, they have their place.

As far as chains of pubs go, Wetherspoons is about the best going. The competition is pub-themed readymeal cafes (Brewers Fayre, Harvester etc) or pretend irish pubs. 

It's just that chains by their nature eliminate the local character and variety of proper pubs, good and bad. 

Can't believe what I'm reading here, all Wetherspoons are absolute soulless holes and folk that actively choose to go there are usually the types with the personality of a cardboard box, also owned by a mega c**t.

7 hours ago, ICTChris said:

I know so many people like that. My previous job involved a fair amount of travelling to places like Liverpool, Manchester and Newcastle. My colleagues always wanted to eat in Nando's and drink in 'spoons, despite there being so many options available. Cost wasn't even a factor as we could claim expenses. I suppose some people are just narrow minded. 

Princess Pogen is off on various foreign adventures for the next two months, maybe longer. As we said our goodbyes, she told me she loved me and I reciprocated.

Couple of hours later I was at the supermarket checkout and as the (male) cashier handed me my receipt, he said 'Enjoy the rest of your day'.

I responded by saying 'I love you.' I intended to say 'Thank you.'

Fortunately, we both saw the funny side..................................NNCq.gif.5844e6bf5615edc639347cc9d98a86a1.gif

3 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Princess Pogen is off on various foreign adventures for the next two months, maybe longer. As we said our goodbyes, she told me she loved me and I reciprocated.

Couple of hours later I was at the supermarket checkout and as the (male) cashier handed me my receipt, he said 'Enjoy the rest of your day'.

Fortunately, we both saw the funny side..................................NNCq.gif.5844e6bf5615edc639347cc9d98a86a1.gif

See the source image

1 hour ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

See the source image

6 hours ago, GordonD said:

Didn't said mega c**t sack all his staff during lockdown?

Also a staunch Brexiteer, which says it all.

My son likes a meal in Wetherspoon. He's a kid, and they're cheap. What can I say.

The amusing thing about them is that they're always trying to force propaganda down their customers' throats. The latest was a magazine on every table about the terrible lies that the press have been telling about them treating their staff like shit. Didn't read it, obviously, but I trust it was suitably tear-stained and frothing.

1 hour ago, Loonytoons said:

Pretty sure he didn't.
At the time I asked my mate whose daughter worked there and she was furloughed.

There was something odd about the furlogh.  Didn’t he fire them before furlogh was announced, then re-hire them but say they wouldn’t get paid until he got the money from the government?

Can’t remember the exact details but do remember him out-cunting even himself.