Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

Buzzing at the thought of seeing Alan Partridge live this evening.

Could have gone Down South to see a show in years past, but it's a guarantee that I'd have been either mugged or not appreciated.

44 minutes ago, BFTD said:

ScotlandSheer, surely.

I don't remember seeing anyone from Scotland in the first thirty seconds, oddly.

I shimmed through the video and did see a woman from Glasgow who either couldn't be arsed waving or had no arms 

14 minutes ago, Bert Raccoon said:

I shimmed through the video and did see a woman from Glasgow who either couldn't be arsed waving or had no arms 

Same, but it was somebody from the 'Orkney islands' I saw.

The all too common Gloucestershire, Middlesex, Pembrokeshire, Kent, Hertfordshire, Tyne & Wear... Scotland thing is rather irritating though.

38 minutes ago, Bert Raccoon said:

Could easily be either TBF.

5 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Same, but it was somebody from the 'Orkney islands' I saw.

The all too common Gloucestershire, Middlesex, Pembrokeshire, Kent, Hertfordshire, Tyne & Wear... Scotland thing is rather irritating though.

A Dumfries and Galloway also in the first few minutes so you're all outraged at nothing in this instance.

Yesterday I watched a documentary about Henry VIII. It was no surprise that he came across as a power-hungry lunatic who put up with people only so long as they were useful to him. When that stopped, or worse if he suspected they were plotting against him (often without evidence) then they were for the chop, often literally.

But it occurred to me that Boris Johnson is like him in many ways. The discarding of former allies - check. Unwillingness to listen to advice - check. Putting his own pleasure above the needs of others - check. Even when it comes to the number of wives, Boris is halfway there.

The only difference is that Boris doesn't have the power to issue a death warrant.

Yet.

30 minutes ago, GordonD said:

But it occurred to me that Boris Johnson is like him in many ways. The discarding of former allies - check. Unwillingness to listen to advice - check. Putting his own pleasure above the needs of others - check. Even when it comes to the number of wives, Boris is halfway there.

Father to multiple kids with different mothers?  Check.

Maybe one for the quick question thread but had a bit of a disagreement with Mrs a wee while ago whilst driving to a rendezvous and as a result I’ve a seven mile walk home. No bank cards or anything and dressed more rocker than rambler. Is there scope for one of those P&B fundraisers here?

location - not near home

image.thumb.jpeg.8920a16f4b64a6338629b8a439c3a753.jpeg

Edited by Shandön Par

2 minutes ago, Shandön Par said:

Maybe one for the quick question thread but had a bit of a disagreement with Mrs a wee while ago whilst driving to a rendezvous and as a result I’ve a seven mile walk home. No bank cards or anything and dressed more rocker than rambler. Is there scope for one of those P&B fundraisers here?

See the source image

54 minutes ago, Shandön Par said:

location - not near home

'Rendezvous'? You fell out whilst dogging up a country lane didn't you?

Is that boat not going your way?

1 hour ago, Shandön Par said:

location - not near home

You've got a phone, call an Uber.