Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

3 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

Apologies about the Mail but Jesus H on a bike. Where do you start.

Personal favourite intricately weaving traditional painting techniques with modern day graphics technology.

Hide contents

550B3FEA-E8EB-4394-9057-83B23D9D26AE.thumb.jpeg.dfbaff927353e3dcdb012f3170430f19.jpeg

Its quite cool that they don't imagine she'd have aged any in the intervening time. Nor been subjected to any further attempts on her life by the chief lizard

On 21/05/2022 at 20:55, 19QOS19 said:
On 21/05/2022 at 12:52, Hedgecutter said:
Just been amazed by encountering a horse that is made up of two different horses stitched together, representative image below:
appaloosa-horse.jpg.ae89a1cd52f99846a24deb82e17467d9.jpg
Apparently it's an 'appaloosa'.

b*****d to catch in RDR2.

Were there horses in Star Wars?

4 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

Apologies about the Mail but Jesus H on a bike. Where do you start.

Personal favourite intricately weaving traditional painting techniques with modern day graphics technology.

Hide contents

550B3FEA-E8EB-4394-9057-83B23D9D26AE.thumb.jpeg.dfbaff927353e3dcdb012f3170430f19.jpeg

George looks like a vampire, Ian Hislop is next to him and the bairn she's holding is about to boak in disgust at it all

On 20/05/2022 at 10:16, scottsdad said:

It's not that. Gulls are sensitive to ghosts and spirits from the underworld. They are trying to warn you that there is a terrifying monster living in your bathroom mirror, waiting to pounce. 

When you go for a middle of the night slash, remember this post. 

SpryFlashyAmphibian-size_restricted.gif

My mirror demon has seen me do so many disgusting things, they turn their back when I walk into the room.

On 21/05/2022 at 20:23, Cosmic Joe said:

The amount of folk buying the Daily Mail in supermarkets is beginning to disturb me. 

This is Dundee as well. The demographic is mostly older white males, but all the same... 

Last time I worked in a grocery store, the Heil outsold all the other papers by about 5:1.

I think it's the gammon version of the Daily Sport. Deep down you know none of it's true, but it's amusing to pretend.

11 hours ago, Thane of Cawdor said:

Just read this on a different, but weirdly similar, site. How did I not know that goalkeeping was initially a hybrid of basketball and Mixed Martial Arts?

Roose developed a unique style of goalkeeping. At this time goalkeepers could handle the ball anywhere inside their own half. Law 8 stated: "The goalkeeper may, within his own half of the field of play, use his hands, but shall not carry the ball." Roose developed the habit of bouncing the ball up to the half-way line before launching an attack with a long kick or a good throw. As Spencer Vignes points out in his book on Leigh Roose: "This was perfectly within the letter of the law, though few goalkeepers risked doing it for fear of either leaving their goal unattended or being streamrollered by a centre-forward. It became a highly effective, direct way of launching attacks and Leigh used it to his side's advantage whenever possible."

I read a book about Willy "Fatty" Foulke many moons ago. Huge mountain of a goalkeeper who battered the absolute f**k out of opposition players back in the late 18th/early 19th century.

It's a real shame that we can't go back and watch more than snippets of the game back at the beginning of codification. It's changed quite a lot through the generations.

Recently an open top bus tour of Dundee city centre, and the Law, has started up. Costs £10 per adult (£8 for kids) for 30 minutes. Some excellent tourist fleecing there. It actually drives up the Hilltown (to get to the Law). Some sights for the tourists (although to be fair they'll get cracking views up the Law for the couple of minutes they've there).

Mind when wrist bands were a thing?

I was in high school when this fad started off with the yellow Lance Armstrong band. People used to be obsessed getting different bands all the time. Pretty much up there with Pokemon Cards, dusties and marbles. 

I bought this bad boy from ebay and stunted on the regulars. 

31MTIaGJYnL._AC_.jpg

43 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

So the Suicide thread's been taken down. Probably a wise decision.

Well done mods for trying your best to help with this case.

I just hope someone was able to get in contact with him or get someone to him.  I'm genuinely worried for that poor guy and his family

22 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

I just hope someone was able to get in contact with him or get someone to him.  I'm genuinely worried for that poor guy and his family

One of the mods said that the emergency services had been contacted. 

It was a very worrying post. I hope he's safe.