Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

FAO any Father Ted fans who can be bothered with a quiz I'll be putting up some questions (hopefully later tonight). If anyone else is interested can you let me know so I know when to make the closing date. Cheers.

https://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php?/topic/282763-father-ted-quiz/#comment-15219670

14 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

FAO any Father Ted fans who can be bothered with a quiz I'll be putting up some questions (hopefully later tonight). If anyone else is interested can you let me know so I know when to make the closing date. Cheers.

https://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php?/topic/282763-father-ted-quiz/#comment-15219670

Feck aff

16 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

What's your favourite humming noise?

1 hour ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

Bit harsh. I scooped one up into a tupperware box last week and took it outside and set it free where the cat ate it.

My cat was already eating this one.

If it was me, i'd rather an overwhelming and quick blunt trauma than being slowly disembowelled by a cat 200 times my size over a few hours. 

Watching TOTP 1992 right now. My 15th birthday week. I’m absolutely convinced it was the week Tony Parks got sent off for Falkirk against Motherwell at Fir Park. One of my favourite red cards ever. Probably saved us from relegation that year.

ETA: There it is:

Edited by Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo

Watching the same. Cliff Richard on now. How the f**k was he considered as relevant back then, even 30 years ago. He must’ve had pics or something on someone in the BBC? Hence the leaking and the helicopter news footage from 10 years or so ago with the 5-0 raiding his penthouse after whoever it was had popped their clogs?

Watching TOTP 1992 right now. My 15th birthday week. I’m absolutely convinced it was the week Tony Parks got sent off for Falkirk against Motherwell at Fir Park. One of my favourite red cards ever. Probably saved us from relegation that year.
ETA: There it is:

They first two goals are like something you would see on an old football gaffs video or crap 90s football on twitter.

3 minutes ago, buchan30 said:

They first two goals are like something you would see on an old football gaffs video or crap 90s football on twitter.

The video doesn’t do the first Motherwell goal justice. I was sitting right next to it. The referee never gave a foul and the only person who noticed was Kirk or Cooper. All the Falkirk players fucked off up the park while we took the throw in. Chaos then ensued.

45 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

Watching the same. Cliff Richard on now. How the f**k was he considered as relevant back then, even 30 years ago. He must’ve had pics or something on someone in the BBC? Hence the leaking and the helicopter news footage from 10 years or so ago with the 5-0 raiding his penthouse after whoever it was had popped their clogs?

You're confusing him with Michael Barrymore. It was his swimming pool where the body was found with anal injuries.

Cliff's place was searched in connection with Operation Yewtree, though my lawyer has insisted I point out that there wasn't a shred of evidence.

1 hour ago, alta-pete said:

I remember someone saying that, back in the Eighties/Nineties, he was one of the few musicians that grannies would still go out and buy new records from, and in numbers.

I also remember him moaning a lot about not getting airplay on Radio 1, and that there was a conspiracy against airing his music. It just came down to the fact that nobody in the Radio 1 demographic wanted to hear his shite, no matter how many units he shifted.

36 minutes ago, BFTD said:

I remember someone saying that, back in the Eighties/Nineties, he was one of the few musicians that grannies would still go out and buy new records from, and in numbers.

I also remember him moaning a lot about not getting airplay on Radio 1, and that there was a conspiracy against airing his music. It just came down to the fact that nobody in the Radio 1 demographic wanted to hear his shite, no matter how many units he shifted.

From memory he also tried to get the Royalties changed. Think it was 50 years then it ends.. but he wanted a longer period..? 

Times are obviously hard doing nothing, living in Portugal, owning land, growing grapes and inviting guests over to stay..

Edited by broon-loon
typo

2 minutes ago, broon-loon said:

From memory he also tried to get the Royalties changed. Think it was 50 years then it ends.. but he wanted a longer period..? 

Times are obviously hard doing nothing, living in Portugal, owning land, growing grapes and inviting guests over to stay..

Yeah, he managed to get it extended to 70 years about a decade ago, but he'd been working hard on it for a long time.

It almost exclusively benefited wealthy musicians at the expense of those still grinding out a living. There are loads of one-hit wonders who, for a variety of reasons, were unable to earn anything from the records they created in their youth - exploitative contracts, bad agents, record labels that were liquidated decades ago, unclear distribution rights, etc. Once the fifty year limit hit, they were able to legally produce their own copies of their music to distribute at gigs, and help fund their twilight years.

Cliff had that explained to him, realised it would screw over thousands of people with far less money than him, and fought for the right to continue profiting from his ancient recordings regardless. On its own, that makes him a massive c**t.