Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

2 hours ago, SlipperyP said:

Taking my son (9) for his second jag (covid), to be told 'he can't get'.

Why? 'You're not Thai' 'We need a Thai person to be the official guardian'

Enjoy your day folk.

Must be a really classy vaccination centre if they won't let him in without a Thai.

10 minutes ago, GordonD said:

Must be a really classy vaccination centre if they won't let him in without a Thai.

Racism is not funny Mr D.

I can take it, but my little boy.... we walked out hand in hand. f**k the world!

eta - @scottsdad who gave you greenie, will be playing the LL next week. unofficial 

Edited by SlipperyP

10 minutes ago, SlipperyP said:

Racism is not funny Mr D.

I can take it, but my little boy.... we walked out hand in hand. f**k the world!

eta - @scottsdad who gave you greenie, will be playing the LL next week. unofficial 

I greenied as it was a play on words, chief. Sorry for any offence caused. 

I kind of expected to be playing in the LL next week anyway. The questions have been unkind to me lately.

7 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

I greenied as it was a play on words, chief. Sorry for any offence caused. 

Excepted, I'm just seething, level high now.

The situation was is class, 12 students all had to go to the local clinic/hospital together with their mum/dad. This is the same hospital I have had 3 jags.

We were all there having a laugh and so on, names getting called out 1 by 1.  Then Roy(my son) got called, and the story ends, no shouting no shaking the head, just turn round and walk out, eyes were all us....

He's never said a word about it in 4 hours, but I know....I fucking know, he's hurting.

3 minutes ago, SlipperyP said:

Excepted, I'm just seething, level high now.

The situation was is class, 12 students all had to go to the local clinic/hospital together with their mum/dad. This is the same hospital I have had 3 jags.

We were all there having a laugh and so on, names getting called out 1 by 1.  Then Roy(my son) got called, and the story ends, no shouting no shaking the head, just turn round and walk out, eyes were all us....

He's never said a word about it in 4 hours, but I know....I fucking know, he's hurting.

That is utterly shitty - hope he (and you) feels better soon. Can't have been nice to be singled out in class like that, that sort of thing gets to kids quite deeply. 

7 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

That is utterly shitty - hope he (and you) feels better soon. Can't have been nice to be singled out in class like that, that sort of thing gets to kids quite deeply. 

He's thick skinned, he has to be.  He's the only black white kid in the village. Apart from my 3 yo daughter, which will be a completely new ball game. 

I've got a big bat for that.

3 hours ago, SlipperyP said:

Taking my son (9) for his second jag (covid), to be told 'he can't get'.

Why? 'You're not Thai' 'We need a Thai person to be the official guardian'

Enjoy your day folk.

I genuinely don't get this. 'We need a Thai person to be the official guardian'. What. The. Fvck. 

You are the laddie's dad, Slippery. I would have been incandescent in this situation. I take it you walked out to avoid a scene.  Do you often have to put up with this bullshit ?  Is this govt. policy ?

1 minute ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

I genuinely don't get this. 'We need a Thai person to be the official guardian'. What. The. Fvck. 

You are the laddie's dad, Slippery. I would have been incandescent in this situation. I take it you walked out to avoid a scene.  Do you often have to put up with this bullshit ?  Is this govt. policy ?

Making a scene will get you nowhere in Thailand, so, yes I bite my lip on many occasion. (my frustration in life is posted on here)

I put up with bullshit everyday since I live here (small village only foreigner they have ever seen, apart from the telly).

Gov policy, don't know, just walked walked out (I speak and read Thai), they all know me. I'd just imagine it said on their notes, and didn't think about us Scots in the village.