Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

3 minutes ago, Loonytoons said:
9 hours ago, bennett said:

Wasps are the celtic fans of the insect world. 

That can't be correct. Wasps are the good guys with a bad rep.

Troy Tempest and the team were ok tbf.

27 minutes ago, mathematics said:

W.A.S.P.s, however, are generally not Celtic fans.

No, they're an 80s metal band. 

11 hours ago, Boghead ranter said:

What serious actor looks for a stage name and thinks " 'Slim Pickens', that the one for me!"

He had two great roles in two briliant movies though:

1965567495_kingkong.jpg.135e7202af93c9b1be9972bdc8e40e98.jpg

Major Kong in Dr Strangelove

298546940_blazingsaddles.jpg.ab5f003fd29780eecdb893224ccf6980.jpg

Taggart in Blazing Saddles

Police hunting 'stocky' man who is repeatedly pushing walkers into canal

Police in Edinburgh are hunting a man, thought to be aged around 60, who has been repeatedly pushing people into the Union Canal and they have appealed to the public for information

Police have launched a manhunt after reports of a stocky male "aged around 60" pushing people into an Edinburgh canal.

Incidents have been alleged of a "grey haired, balding man" shoving individuals into the water on the Union Canal.

image.gif.147da78556b2a8d8252d7694b3b745b0.gif

Police in Edinburgh have now been patrolling the union canal recently following the claims and are on the lookout for the man, reported EdinburghLive.

The force has taken to social media to reassure people in the community that they have responded to the reports and are patrolling the area.

Uniformed officers have been focusing their investigation along the canal in the south west of Edinburgh.

A Twitter post from Edinburgh Police said they were particularly patrolling the Meggetland area of the canal, near Polwarth, with the man understood to have targeted various individuals

Seems an apt topic for this.

Title of piece has a man pushing people into the canal.

First paragraph of the report says exactly the same.

Second and third paragraph change the wording but basically say a man has been pushing people in the canal.

Do these people get paid by the word?

11 hours ago, bennett said:

Police hunting 'stocky' man who is repeatedly pushing walkers into canal

Police in Edinburgh are hunting a man, thought to be aged around 60, who has been repeatedly pushing people into the Union Canal and they have appealed to the public for information

Police have launched a manhunt after reports of a stocky male "aged around 60" pushing people into an Edinburgh canal.

Incidents have been alleged of a "grey haired, balding man" shoving individuals into the water on the Union Canal.

image.gif.147da78556b2a8d8252d7694b3b745b0.gif

Police in Edinburgh have now been patrolling the union canal recently following the claims and are on the lookout for the man, reported EdinburghLive.

The force has taken to social media to reassure people in the community that they have responded to the reports and are patrolling the area.

Uniformed officers have been focusing their investigation along the canal in the south west of Edinburgh.

A Twitter post from Edinburgh Police said they were particularly patrolling the Meggetland area of the canal, near Polwarth, with the man understood to have targeted various individuals

Love these stories. A few years back it was “youths” stalking the canal. Before that it was “a cross-dressing East European”. Now it’s this Granny Danger type. Only person I know who genuinely went in the canal was jaiked and swerved to avoid a dog one night. 

5 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

. Only person I know who genuinely went in the canal was jaiked and swerved to avoid a dog one night. 

^ Doesn't want to admit it was himself who was taking Renton for a walk, tripped over the lead and took a dip....

Just now, tamthebam said:

^ Doesn't want to admit it was himself who was taking Renton for a walk, tripped over the lead and took a dip....

Not me! Though Renton did once fall out of a boat into a sea loch. Managed to put a nail through the fleshy bit next to my thumb today. Mrs (amateur florist) had just made a funeral wreath so said she was pleased that she could do my funeral flowers and get more of the life insurance in her pocket. Also said “now you know how Jesus felt”. 

Got a strange letter from a tracing company this weekend asking for help,they named my dad and asked for me to get him to call them as they were looking to confirm his address for a pension for a company he left in 1991,my dad died 10 years ago so if calls them i would be very worried.

On 30/04/2022 at 10:13, The Moonster said:

Bees are your friends, brother. Don't fear him and he won't fear you. Wasps however can f**k off. Noticed a few big b*****d wasps already this year. 

You'll notice one getting a lot closer if you keep up this hymenopteran hate  :angry:

2 hours ago, Andy Dufresne said:

Got a strange letter from a tracing company this weekend asking for help,they named my dad and asked for me to get him to call them as they were looking to confirm his address for a pension for a company he left in 1991,my dad died 10 years ago so if calls them i would be very worried.

Congratulations on your new stipend, Mr Dufresne Snr.

Our lips are sealed.

9 hours ago, Andy Dufresne said:

https://www.gov.uk/find-pension-contact-details

Use this to see if your dad had any pensions he didn't know about. Chances are it's a company who trace dormant pensions and savings accounts but take a finder's fee.

12 hours ago, Andy Dufresne said:

Would he have been coming up for retirement around now? 

5 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

No he would have been  83 last birthday 

I see.  Strange they haven't been in touch before now then.  Probably worth getting in touch in case there are some benefits payable.