Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

9 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Been working with two students in their early 20s of late and have noticed that neither can write in cursive.  Thought the first one might just have been some form of language disorder, but the second has me wondering if it's more of a wider Gen Z thing?

One of them didn't even have a signature for his timesheet.  He just wrote his name in non-cursive form.   :huh:

My son brought a note home from his P5 teacher the other week; you would have thought it had been written by a younger kid 😯

11 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Been working with two students in their early 20s of late and have noticed that neither can write in cursive.  Thought the first one might just have been some form of language disorder, but the second has me wondering if it's more of a wider Gen Z thing?

One of them didn't even have a signature for his timesheet.  He just wrote his name in non-cursive form.   :huh:

oOkpMEcVhut7Hlth--LsecmVVZQ=.gif

I haven't written in cursive since I was at school. Pretty sure I can still do it, but I'd be a lot slower. I stopped because, in literally every case, it's more difficult to read.

It's an odd thing to complain about. Working in charity shops, you see a lot of books from the turn of the 20th century with dedications on the inside cover, as people were wont to do back in the day. There's always a few words where you think "WTF was that supposed to mean?", and that was with people giving it their best shot at a time when handwriting was considered an important skill. Any pharmacist who remembers the days before printed scripts were commonplace will tell you, get it in the sea.

I recall my early days on the tools writing stores withdrawals in cursive only for the miserable old storeman to get it all wrong blaming my hand writing.

OK, then I wrote every request in capitals, then one day the order was short, unperturbed I went to purchasing to get the GRN (goods received note).

I dully presented him with the evidence, 'there you go, you've checked every item in, what have you got to say for yourself?'

He perused the document for what seemed like forever, but was more like 10-15 seconds and he replied 'Ah, those aren't my ticks on the GRN'

The miserable c**t had fucking done me despite him being the only fucker that could have booked the materials into stores, and we both knew it.

I walked away fuming, but later on had a grudging respect for the c**t to have stood there and hazed the f**k out of me.

13 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

There’s a bit of pencil permanently stuck in my hand thanks to getting stabbed by a classmate and occasional P&B contributor.

E0C0C58A-6316-44ED-A4F5-5E47DFDAF350.jpeg

That's a whole pencil, not a bit of one.  

32 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

There’s a bit of pencil permanently stuck in my hand thanks to getting stabbed by a classmate and occasional P&B contributor.

E0C0C58A-6316-44ED-A4F5-5E47DFDAF350.jpeg

I was watching an episode of Judge Judy the other day and the case was around one kid stabbing another in the arse cheek with a pencil. The stabber was found to liable for the stabees medical bills. $600 to have a bit of pencil removed from yer arse cheek. America, what a country 

1 minute ago, Bert Raccoon said:

In my defence, Homes Under The Hammer was replaced by Bargain Hunt yesterday and I was stuck for something to watch while I "work"

Genuinely don’t think I’ve seen daytime tv, with the exception of it being on in A&E waiting rooms, since the late 1990’s. 

17 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Genuinely don’t think I’ve seen daytime tv, with the exception of it being on in A&E waiting rooms, since the late 1990’s. 

Then your family are going to be up shit creek when you snuff it.