Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
1 hour ago, Mr. Alli said:
:1eye

How does a petrol station go about this sort of agreement?

They have a "no means of payment" selection. You havd over your details and they take car reg etc then you have 7 days to pay up. 

Petrol on tick, a new low. 

I was paying at Morrisons a couple of months ago and the guy in front of me didn’t have any money to pay. He was on the phone to someone trying to get them to put money into his bank account to pay for it. I paid and left before it came to a conclusion but did wonder what would have happened had he not been able to pay for it.

When we hired a car in Las Vegas I had to go in to the shop and pay money before the pump was activated.

6 minutes ago, Adam said:

I was paying at Morrisons a couple of months ago and the guy in front of me didn’t have any money to pay. He was on the phone to someone trying to get them to put money into his bank account to pay for it. I paid and left before it came to a conclusion but did wonder what would have happened had he not been able to pay for it.

When we hired a car in Las Vegas I had to go in to the shop and pay money before the pump was activated.

Kudos where it’s due. 

Morrison’s PFS to Vegas in the same post. Chapeau…

Edited by alta-pete

2 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

I used to keep the cards and cash in my phone wallet thing but the 'leather' has relaxed on the pockets that much that I think the cards come flying out when I've taken the phone out my pocket. 

Get your bank card on your phone.....I only did this around a year ago and now carry neither cash nor cards.....so much easier

1 hour ago, Florentine_Pogen said:
1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Shandon Partroleum Co.

That was a pure accident. Police were fine about it. Probably due to driving a Jag at the time that such caddish behaviour was the norm. 

11 hours ago, Tynie Pumblechook said:

New series of Michael Portillo train journeys tomorrow.  Dunbar to Peterheid.

train GIF

He's doing well to get to Peterheid by train. 

Portillo wouldn't be interested but you can see if you squint carefully a few footballl grounds on the way up: Dunbar United, New New Meadowbank, Stark's Park, Kirkcaldy YM (I think so- I blinked and missed it), Gayfield, Stonehaven Juniors, Banks of Dee

There must be journey through west than can match this.

1 hour ago, tamthebam said:

Portillo wouldn't be interested but you can see if you squint carefully a few footballl grounds on the way up: Dunbar United, New New Meadowbank, Stark's Park, Kirkcaldy YM (I think so- I blinked and missed it), Gayfield, Stonehaven Juniors, Banks of Dee

I reckon you'd need a periscope to see Kirkcaldy YM's park from the train.

10 hours ago, Empty It said:
11 hours ago, Caledonian1 said:
Get your bank card on your phone.....I only did this around a year ago and now carry neither cash nor cards.....so much easier

That's going to be some laugh if you break your phone.

I think it less likely that you would lose a phone than bank cards or cash.....cant say I have ever broken a phone so not sure how common that issue would be.

I think it was the Israel game at Hampden when I realised I had travelled down to Glasgow with only my phone - train ticket - on phone, fitba ticket - on phone and access to cash - on phone.......if only I could work out how to make phone calls.

13 hours ago, Bairnardo said:
14 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:
I lost my bank card last week and reported it as such. Replacement sent out. Yesterday I went out with new card, tried to lift money at a post office and at Sainsburys - none of them worked even though the PIN was supposed to be the same. Had £40 in my pocket so went and got petrol. When I went to pay for the petrol, I now didn't have £40. I'd obviously dropped it when I took the card out of the same pocket. Got a week to pay for the petrol, £40 down and I've just realised I reported the wrong bank card lost so that's why the PIN wasn't working. :1eye

They kept his front passenger tyre.

On 22/01/2022 at 16:51, velo army said:

Came on to this to actually post that my bike got nicked today.

Gutted about it as I've had it for 12 years and built it up myself (upgrading over the years and getting a custom paintjob too). Raging as it was nicked from my close and just happened to be the night I forget to lock it up (was tired after work and forgot).

Polis know about it, but I have little faith in its return.

I was massively grief stricken earlier, but after a good greet about it I've got a bit of perspective. So I'll start saving for a new one.

But f**k man, this is the first time in over 20 years I've been sans velo. Aye. Pretty gutted still.

Not sure where you work but worth checking if your company are part of the cycle to work scheme - you'll get a good bike hugely discounted and it just comes off your wages in installments. Hope you get your bike back though.

Yesterday evening I stood on a huge dog jobby at the bottom of my street. First time I've stood on one in years and it's size was such that I actually slid through it. Started walking along the grass to try and clean it off and stood on another one of similar magnitude and consistency. Absolutely raging. 

10 minutes ago, Barry Ferguson's Hat said:

Yesterday evening I stood on a huge dog jobby at the bottom of my street. First time I've stood on one in years and it's size was such that I actually slid through it. Started walking along the grass to try and clean it off and stood on another one of similar magnitude and consistency. Absolutely raging. 

I am full of admiration for this dog. 

Like a terrorist attack where they bomb a supermarket or such like, and have a second bomb waiting for when the emergency services show up to get them as well. 

Pavement and grass - that dog is a fucking genius. 

11 hours ago, tamthebam said:

You can get seven on the Wemyss Bay to Glasgow line (Greenock Juniors, Morton, Port Juniors, Dumbarton, St. Mirren, Sevco and Benburb all visible)

The South Western Line might beat it going to either Stranraer or Dumfries but I dunno for sure.