Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

Surely you don't need to be Columbo to catch him..

Police hunt pesky phantom knocker who rings couple's doorbell every Thursday at 2am

Gloucester police are looking for a pesky door-knocker who is leaving residents of Stroud frightened as the unidentified man bangs on their doors in disturbing night time incidents

FJolnRZXEAMSaYo?format=png&name=900x900

1 hour ago, velo army said:

Came on to this to actually post that my bike got nicked today.

Gutted about it as I've had it for 12 years and built it up myself (upgrading over the years and getting a custom paintjob too). Raging as it was nicked from my close and just happened to be the night I forget to lock it up (was tired after work and forgot).

Polis know about it, but I have little faith in its return.

I was massively grief stricken earlier, but after a good greet about it I've got a bit of perspective. So I'll start saving for a new one.

But f**k man, this is the first time in over 20 years I've been sans velo. Aye. Pretty gutted still.

If it's 12 years old it's likely someone just nicked it to get home after a party or something rather than to sell it. So maybe worth posting a pic on social media in case someone sees it abandoned. Unless it's like the Rolls Royce of bikes of course and the thief recognised it.

1 hour ago, velo army said:

Gutted about it as I've had it for 12 years and built it up myself (upgrading over the years and getting a custom paintjob too). Raging as it was nicked from my close and just happened to be the night I forget to lock it up (was tired after work and forgot).

I was massively grief stricken earlier, but after a good greet about it I've got a bit of perspective. So I'll start saving for a new one.

But f**k man, this is the first time in over 20 years I've been sans velo. Aye. Pretty gutted still.

Has anyone seen Graeme recently?

Get pictures posted about and ask people to keep an eye on used marketplaces like Ebay and Gumtree.

2 hours ago, velo army said:

This kind of shaming behaviour is awful. Ghosting and love bombing (I have until very recently engaged in both and am in fact still very capable of it) isn't very nice to be on the other end of, but there's something deeply (and ironically) narcissistic about reacting by seeking to destroy someone publicly like that. It's Mean Girl type schoolgirl pish, but is potentially and hugely harmful.

i have never heard these phrases before. Is this about right?

Love Bombing - pretending you like someone to get what you want

Ghosting - Telling someone to fcuk off without saying fcuk off

10 minutes ago, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

i have never heard these phrases before. Is this about right?

Love Bombing - pretending you like someone to get what you want

Ghosting - Telling someone to fcuk off without saying fcuk off

Love bombing. Being super intense at the start and overwhelming the person with affection. It's seen as a tactic used by "narcissists" to hook a person in. The problem with this view is that it's viewed as conscious and deliberate, as if the person doing it had hatched an evil plan. The reality is that it tends to be largely unconscious and is part of a collection of very wounded attachment behaviours. 

Ghosting. Aye. Not answering calls and texts. Same as above in that it's viewed nefariously rather than as part of a wounded attachment profile. Obviously it's painful and confusing to be on the other end of it, but it isn't helpful to anyone to attach villainous meaning to it.

12 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Weber Barbecues sent out an email yesterday which included a recipe for barbecued meatloaf.

They shortly thereafter issued an apology email

It came too late for me, I had already stolen the great mans corpse from the mortuary and have spent the last few hours barbecuing him on a spit.

In court I will be blaming Weber barbecue entirely for this, although that doesn’t explain why I have a human sized barbecue in my back garden.

That Donald Trump Airdrie banner is funny, shame that there’s a middle aged Nazi saluter in the background. I guess such things are inevitable. I saw there was some pavement dancing at Firhill yesterday as well.

I lost my bank card last week and reported it as such. Replacement sent out. Yesterday I went out with new card, tried to lift money at a post office and at Sainsburys - none of them worked even though the PIN was supposed to be the same. Had £40 in my pocket so went and got petrol. When I went to pay for the petrol, I now didn't have £40. I'd obviously dropped it when I took the card out of the same pocket. Got a week to pay for the petrol, £40 down and I've just realised I reported the wrong bank card lost so that's why the PIN wasn't working. :1eye

13 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

I lost my bank card last week and reported it as such. Replacement sent out. Yesterday I went out with new card, tried to lift money at a post office and at Sainsburys - none of them worked even though the PIN was supposed to be the same. Had £40 in my pocket so went and got petrol. When I went to pay for the petrol, I now didn't have £40. I'd obviously dropped it when I took the card out of the same pocket. Got a week to pay for the petrol, £40 down and I've just realised I reported the wrong bank card lost so that's why the PIN wasn't working. :1eye

Out Of The Mouths Of Babes thread for this pish. In the meantime, buy a wallet. :babe2

Edited by welshbairn

7 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Out Of The Mouths Of Babes thread for this pish. In the meantime, buy a wallet. :babe2

I used to keep the cards and cash in my phone wallet thing but the 'leather' has relaxed on the pockets that much that I think the cards come flying out when I've taken the phone out my pocket. 

How does a petrol station go about this sort of agreement?