Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

Just heard on the news that 57 cases of spiking via injection was reported and investigated in Scotland, no forensic evidence to substantiate any claims, also no drugs other than recreational were found in any of the victims.

13 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Just heard a couple of fighter planes flying over Larbert. Genuinely dont think iv heard that in 6 or 7 years staying here.

Welcome Vlad.

9 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I heard them going over Airdrie. Were they ours, should I head for the Anderson shelter?

I heard a couple of what sounded like fighters over mine a few minutes ago (Perthshire).  I think they were heading slightly ESE so if it was the same ones it's a hell of a loop they're flying.  Sounded very fucking low.

2 hours ago, Newbornbairn said:

Wife finally nagged me into getting a hearing test today. She's moaned for ages that the telly is too loud, my music is too loud but to be fair, I've been finding it hard to hear what people have been saying and it was getting increasingly unlikely that everyone I met was a mumbling c**t. 

Was very surprised after doing all the tests the guy put a pair of hearing aids on me and switched them on. Bugger. Huge difference!

Only fifty-cough but a lifetime working in noisy environments has fucked my hearing. 

The new hearing aids are pretty cool, nearly invisible and you get bluetooth so you can link them to multimedia, phone etc and you can get a wee remote control to change settings, and rechargeable so you don't need to fiddle about with batteries. That's private of course, £3-4000, or more, the NHS ones are fine but bulky and don't do the tricks, and you'd have to wait ages for an appointment and getting them made up. They only give one at a time so you have wait another few months for the other ear.

2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

The new hearing aids are pretty cool, nearly invisible and you get bluetooth so you can link them to multimedia, phone etc and you can get a wee remote control to change settings, and rechargeable so you don't need to fiddle about with batteries. That's private of course, £3-4000, or more, the NHS ones are fine but bulky and don't do the tricks, and you'd have to wait ages for an appointment and getting them made up. They only give one at a time so you have wait another few months for the other ear.

^^^

1*Zgf6dqTM9WOPE6T3u6VYyQ.png

13 minutes ago, Left Back said:

I heard a couple of what sounded like fighters over mine a few minutes ago (Perthshire).  I think they were heading slightly ESE so if it was the same ones it's a hell of a loop they're flying.  Sounded very fucking low.

Aye. They went over the Hillfoots as I was leaving work. Nothing showing on Flightradar24. 

Used to love seeing them low flying up the West Coast but that seems far less frequent for a good number of years now. If they’re back training round these parts it definitely gets a thumbs up from me. 

Dug near shat himself mind you. 😂

16 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Aye, they do look to be good. Connect them to the telly and you get Dolby Atmos. Controlled by an App.

Now if I can just set them to filter out the wife...

19 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

See the source image

Got my arse felt today for buying stuff from CEF for a job. Turns out they're a shower of rip off bastirts. It was on account so I never ask the price - £84.

ScrewFix do exactly the same things and for the same amount of items I'd have been £49 odd. 

Talking of which, she complained the telly was too loud so I got fancy bluetooth headphones. Really good. Great sound for me, silence for her. Then I put them on to watch something and started adjusting the volume because it was a bit muffled. I was convinced the batteries were going as I was turning them up, turning them up and it was like listening through cotton wool. Then I looked up and saw the wife at the living room door gesticulating. I took the headphones off to see what she was moaning about.

Turned out the headphones weren't hooked up to Bluetooth. I was wearing them like ear defenders and the entire street was listening to my telly. 

10 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

Talking of which, she complained the telly was too loud so I got fancy bluetooth headphones. Really good. Great sound for me, silence for her. Then I put them on to watch something and started adjusting the volume because it was a bit muffled. I was convinced the batteries were going as I was turning them up, turning them up and it was like listening through cotton wool. Then I looked up and saw the wife at the living room door gesticulating. I took the headphones off to see what she was moaning about.

Turned out the headphones weren't hooked up to Bluetooth. I was wearing them like ear defenders and the entire street was listening to my telly. 

image.jpeg

26 minutes ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

I don't know about the Septics but the RAF aren't supposed to fly over built up areas on training.

The Flashheart b*****ds do anyway.

@heedthebaa do the planes still buzz Berwickshire? Seen them over Berwick and Duns, the noisy buggers 

2 hours ago, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

DRoss passed me today when he was walking up top of LondoRoad/Easter Road heading towards Holyrood.  I walked past Livi manager on Saturday down Stockbridge, He's doing alright for an ugly cnut if that's his wife. Nice car as well. 

I'm sure the car was given to him by Toyota as a partnership deal with the club if it's the same car anyway

1 hour ago, tamthebam said:

I don't know about the Septics but the RAF aren't supposed to fly over built up areas on training.

The Flashheart b*****ds do anyway.

@heedthebaa do the planes still buzz Berwickshire? Seen them over Berwick and Duns, the noisy buggers 

If it was the septics they’ve likely dropped a couple of bombs en-route as well.  Anyone checked Springburn for improvements tonight?

Just heard a couple of fighter planes flying over Larbert. Genuinely dont think iv heard that in 6 or 7 years staying here.

Welcome Vlad.
Three low-flying fighters passed overhead here in Strathspey at about 2.30pm*. Came back the other way about five minutes later.

*Sorry, fourteen thirty hours.