Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

55 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Supermarket visitation today. Sunflower oil a 'must get' item. Went to 3 different stores, Lidl, Tesco, Co-op....... Not a drop of said staple to be had. WTF is going on?

Same with sugar cubes. No stock at Tesco/Morrisons/Asda/Sainsburys/Waitrose since November.

Supermarket visitation today. Sunflower oil a 'must get' item. Went to 3 different stores, Lidl, Tesco, Co-op....... Not a drop of said staple to be had. WTF is going on?
Out of curiosity, what are you doing where rape oil wouldn't be a sufficient substitute?

2 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:
14 hours ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Out of curiosity, what are you doing where rape oil wouldn't be a sufficient substitute?

Prince Andrew thread for this pish

I read about this overheard conversation in a Portobello pub:

Auld Punter 1: Billy's deid then

Auld Punter 2: Who was Billy? Did I ken him? 

Auld Punter 1: Aye, he was the one that wore a leather jacket and sat up at the bar

Auld Punter 2: Oh, was he the one that was always arguing with Tam the Barman about horses? 

Auld Punter 1: Aye.

Auld Punter 2. So he's deid is he? Good. 

Wife finally nagged me into getting a hearing test today. She's moaned for ages that the telly is too loud, my music is too loud but to be fair, I've been finding it hard to hear what people have been saying and it was getting increasingly unlikely that everyone I met was a mumbling c**t. 

Was very surprised after doing all the tests the guy put a pair of hearing aids on me and switched them on. Bugger. Huge difference!

Only fifty-cough but a lifetime working in noisy environments has fucked my hearing. 

10 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

Wife finally nagged me into getting a hearing test today. She's moaned for ages that the telly is too loud, my music is too loud but to be fair, I've been finding it hard to hear what people have been saying and it was getting increasingly unlikely that everyone I met was a mumbling c**t. 

Was very surprised after doing all the tests the guy put a pair of hearing aids on me and switched them on. Bugger. Huge difference!

Only fifty-cough but a lifetime working in noisy environments has fucked my hearing. 

You could be entitled to compensation if your employers didn't try to ameliorate the noisy conditions.

2 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

You could be entitled to compensation if your employers didn't try to ameliorate the noisy conditions.

Which one though? Been quite a few over the years. Quite often I was self-employed and the one making the noise. 

Just now, Newbornbairn said:

Which one though? Been quite a few over the years. Quite often I was self-employed and the one making the noise. 

Aye, that'll probably snooker you. "And what steps did you take to protect your hearing, Mr Newbornbairn?"

33 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

No doubt there's a time limit for claiming these things, which will require to be backed up with doctor's reports, so it's probably a non starter, but might be worth investigating.

He's already been to the doctor but hasn't heard anything since.