Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

15 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

2.5 hrs to get through to the Chinese and it will be another hour before it gets here, but at least it's on its way.

Come the summer the WHO will have been trying for 2.5 years.

Your takeaway pales in comparison.

Edited by 8MileBU

21 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

2.5 hrs to get through to the Chinese and it will be another hour before it gets here, but at least it's on its way.

19 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

I'm sure there's about 20.

That's the one we like, and it was a right pain in the hole but we got through eventually, got it delivered and got it ate.

18 hours ago, Newbornbairn said:

Bet you're hungry again now though. 

18 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Nah that's shite like McDonalds. Chinese food usually stuffs me. Normally the rice that does it mind you.

I think it depends what you order - I find their chicken meals quite good. Had a "special" Christmas meal last week after we'd been to Tesco, found that quite filling. I usually have enough Chinese left over to do my lunch, tbh. but my appetite isn't what it once was.

18 hours ago, Newbornbairn said:

I find McDonalds stuff sits like a cold congealed lump in my belly for hours.

Incidentally, took my parents for their first McDonalds breakfast last week. Dad happily chomped through his but my mum was disgusted. One bite of the McMuffin was enough for her but she just couldn't understand the hash brown - "How could they dae that tae a tattie?!!"

I thought their breakfast's weren't too bad, tbf

2 hours ago, Empty It said:

Unfortunately the woman sentenced to 93 days was only in jail overnight then apologised to the judge crying her eyes out and got released.

I was just about to say that's what would be likely to have happened. Somehow I've ended up with some A&E Court TV videos on my YouTube playlist, and it seems like the Americans are forever getting chucked in the slammer for acting up in court. They're almost always back the next day to beg for forgiveness.

Sitting watching Rocky IV, safe in the knowledge that it's not the best Rocky film. Granted it has a great soundtrack (training montage) and tried to break down the Cold War barriers between East and West. It, however, does not feature Mr T nor Hulk Hogan, or a definitive anthem synonymous with Rocky - Eye of the tiger - therefore cannot be classed as the greatest Rocky film.

How does PnB categorise their favourite Rocky films? Mine's is : III, IV, II, I V (an abomination). We'll not get into the "spin-offs"

5 minutes ago, Chicken Wing said:

Sitting watching Rocky IV, safe in the knowledge that it's not the best Rocky film. Granted it has a great soundtrack (training montage) and tried to break down the Cold War barriers between East and West. It, however, does not feature Mr T nor Hulk Hogan, or a definitive anthem synonymous with Rocky - Eye of the tiger - therefore cannot be classed as the greatest Rocky film.

How does PnB categorise their favourite Rocky films? Mine's is : III, IV, II, I V (an abomination). We'll not get into the "spin-offs"

Best was The Rocky Horror Picture Show.

[quote post="14919070" timestamp="1640736505" name="Chicken Wing" userid="46398

Pish, shite, dreadful, desperate, eye-gougingly bad........... In that order.

Obviously not a fan of Rocky.

11 minutes ago, Chicken Wing said:
22 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Obviously not a fan of Rocky.

That is correct, I am not. This is mainly due to the fact that I consider Mr. Stallone's thespian skills to be on a par with a piece of wood.

7 hours ago, Chicken Wing said:

IV, I, II, III, V

9 hours ago, Chicken Wing said:

Rocky IV, Rocky, Rocky II, Rocky III, Rocky Balboa, Creed, Creed II, Rocky the Musical, Rocky Horror Picture Show, Rocko’s Modern life, That bit in Eddie Murphy Raw when he talks about Rocky, any The Rock film, anything to do with rocks, Anything else, Rocky V

2 minutes ago, mathematics said:

Rocky IV, Rocky, Rocky II, Rocky III, Rocky Balboa, Creed, Creed II, Rocky the Musical, Rocky Horror Picture Show, Rocko’s Modern life, That bit in Eddie Murphy Raw when he talks about Rocky, any The Rock film, anything to do with rocks, Anything else, Rocky V

When you say "any the Rock film", does that include the Nicolas Cage/Sean Connery film "The Rock"? If so, I'd definitely have that higher

Just now, Mark Connolly said:

When you say "any the Rock film", does that include the Nicolas Cage/Sean Connery film "The Rock"? If so, I'd definitely have that higher

It did not. Everyone who is anyone has that film first on any “good film” list just as a matter of good practice. Even if it is absent, people know it is secretly there, just like it is secretly there in first place on my list.