Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

Having just put the bin out in the dark, I've only just realised that playing music videos involving strobe lights etc with the cooncil light off in my man cave transforms the street into a bit of a rave scene due to the way the light from the giant computer screen shines out the window onto our neighbour's gable end.  

Having recently moved back to Scotland after 3 years in Lancashire, I have to confess I still find news reports from that area utterly irresistible.

https://www.lancs.live/news/lancashire-news/familys-distress-coffin-straps-snap-22202403?utm_source=lancs_live_newsletter&utm_campaign=daily_newsletter2&utm_medium=email 

5 hours ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Having recently moved back to Scotland after 3 years in Lancashire, I have to confess I still find news reports from that area utterly irresistible.

https://www.lancs.live/news/lancashire-news/familys-distress-coffin-straps-snap-22202403?utm_source=lancs_live_newsletter&utm_campaign=daily_newsletter2&utm_medium=email 

Always thought it was 6 feet under.

6 hours ago, Eednud said:

Always thought it was 6 feet under.

Quote from article :

"It was a three-person grave, so it was very deep, and my deceased constituent was the first person to be interred.

I wouldn't want to be buried in a three-person grave - maybe uncle was into threesomes!

Edited by ICTJohnboy

8 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Quote from article :

"It was a three-person grave, so it was very deep, and my deceased constituent was the first person to be interred.

I wouldn't want to buried in a three-person grave - maybe uncle was into threesomes!

Scrimped on coffin quality imo.

I've just spent a few days in Galloway. It's much nicer than I expected. Rolling hills dotted with sheep, segmented by dry-stone dykes; picturesque small towns with quaint shops; fresh local produce from sea or slaughterhouse. There was however a distinct stench of conservatism in the air.

Dumfries seems a bit of a shitehole though, despite a landlord's claim that he should be "Charging seven or eight pounds a pint, like they do at Cheltenham."

I've just spent a few days in Galloway. It's much nicer than I expected. Rolling hills dotted with sheep, segmented by dry-stone dykes; picturesque small towns with quaint shops; fresh local produce from sea or slaughterhouse. There was however a distinct stench of conservatism in the air.

Dumfries seems a bit of a shitehole though, despite a landlord's claim that he should be "Charging seven or eight pounds a pint, like they do at Cheltenham."
Pat, you're startin tae sound like wan eh them

10 minutes ago, Paul Kersey said:

I was just on Google maps trying to work out the best way to get to the Excelsior Stadium by train when I chanced upon the most "Airdrie" scene imaginable.

Check the nick of these c***s...

Screenshot_20211120-122801.thumb.png.9266af0bc3c4c9b97fea7729ba44a0d7.png

They've just tanned someone else's house...

Dumfries is like most town centre's now in that it's full of empty shops and is generally depressing. It's not anywhere close to being regarded as a shitehole though.

Guy in my work put loads of anti-racism stuff on his Instagram during the Euros and then yesterday out a series of clapping hands and thumbs up celebrating the Rittenhaus verdict and now today has something about the trans day of Remembrance. 

Truly chaotic online energy. 

Dumfries is like most town centre's now in that it's full of empty shops and is generally depressing. It's not anywhere close to being regarded as a shitehole though.
You're not wrong about Dumfries, but I would say that most town centres in Scotland could be described as shiteholes.

I was in Dundee last weekend. I'd still consider it a shitehole despite its nice-looking museum and the constant smell of weed around every corner, but then I live in Glasgow. Lemmings and Loco Rita's are cool, and St Andrew's Brewery is full of maws, but there are far too many shopping centres. One of the stalls inside one had a Joe Lycett vape flavour but I was too scared to ask questions without buying.