Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

24 minutes ago, HenryHill said:

This chat about car rental paperwork is fascinating, however, I would like to advise that Shandon Par used to shag the Peacocks down Pittencrief Park (the glen). I haven't seen Shandon since he failed his gas boiler inspection certificate at Lauder Tech.

That Peacock said it loved me. 

I ran over a squirrel on the M9 today. The wee bugger ran into the road, stopped, and turned to face me. Had it stayed put I would have driven over/above it and it would have missed my wheels. Instead it decided to run back towards the hard shoulder. Bump, bump.  

On an unrelated matter, anyone have a good curry recipe?

3 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

I ran over a squirrel on the M9 today. The wee bugger ran into the road, stopped, and turned to face me. Had it stayed put I would have driven over/above it and it would have missed my wheels. Instead it decided to run back towards the hard shoulder. Bump, bump.  

On an unrelated matter, anyone have a good curry recipe?

image.thumb.jpeg.5b1e501e569de36de0c259ae47370aa2.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.b049388a19d2f20ff58c57015c2c4c00.jpeg

If I was to be reincarnated as a non-human, I'd probably choose to be a grey squirrel in Pittencrieff Park. Seems like a fairly easy life having people feed you all the time whilst still being wild and able to do whatever the f*** you want.

6 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Feeding polar bears isn't dangerous. However, when you stop...

As Bob Monkhouse said, nobody is scared of flying. What people area afraid of is being thirty thousand feet up, doing 500 miles per hour, and then suddenly not flying. In that situation, people would quickly agree that flying is their favourite thing. 

48 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Just found out that my revised PhD thesis has finally been accepted.

If some crafty c*** on here could facilitate the smuggling of a bottle of beer out to the rig I'm on, that would be great.

Many years ago I worked on a French rig where the chefs were good for a glass of wine if you asked nicely. Salut, and hearty congratulations!

one.jpg.4a725c3013e6a798383c670be106d5f4.jpg

1 hour ago, Hedgecutter said:

If some crafty c*** on here could facilitate the smuggling of a bottle of beer out to the rig I'm on, that would be great.

Was scottsdad’s Prof your external? 
Maybe that’s what kept him so busy.

Nevertheless, congratulations Dr H.

Great news, congratulations!

Surely, even for a limited time, you could change your handle to Dr Hedgecutter. 

Take a big swig of hand sanitiser and enjoy your night.

On that note of smuggling offshore, in the good ol' days of duty free tabs offshore, the valve test workshop on arrival back in the yard, would always have to be made ready for the next job by the technician who used it last. I used to shove thousands of cigs inside the pump cabinet, for it to be collected by myself when it was my turn. 

Good times.

15 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

On that note of smuggling offshore, in the good ol' days of duty free tabs offshore...

Still the case, but you're limited to just two packs in your luggage and an open one upon your person when returning home.  Baggage checks are fairly common, especially for me who always has two bags.