Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

7 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

Essentially, having bagged yourself a mispriced bargain, your complaint is that they won’t now accommodate you further by tying up a member of their staff for half a day together with all the associated ballache inventory paperwork?

Good luck! 

Not at all no. I merely want them to accommodate a long term, two hires per year customer who has an account with them to make a minor adjustment by scoring out the word Bergamo and replacing it with Malpensa, then take a different road when driving it there. 

You're not a problem solver, I take it?

Edited by jimbaxters

7 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Not at all no. I merely want them to accommodate a long term, two hires per year customer who has an account with them to make a minor adjustment by scoring out the word Bergamo and replacing it with Malpensa, then take a different road when driving it there. 

You're not a problem solver, I take it?

It's Not That Simple ... - Kevin Hart | Meme Generator

15 minutes ago, hk blues said:

It's Not That Simple ... - Kevin Hart | Meme Generator

Genuinely think it is. Ok, I don't work in the business but for the paperwork it's a minor change on a docket, much like a time change. For the practicality side, if the car is based in Milan it's the same drive to either branch. It would take someone 15 minutes to fix. Sure it's more to do with it being under priced and them being unwilling to bend even slightly because someone snagged it.

ETA- 1st World problem

Edited by jimbaxters

1 minute ago, jimbaxters said:

Genuinely think it is. Ok, I don't work in the business but for the paperwork it's a minor change on a docket, much like a time change. For the practicality side, if the car is based in Milan it's the same drive to either branch. It would take someone 15 minutes to fix.

ETA- 1st World problem

image.jpeg.7ecb947381e0f7144806769ca4d5c91d.jpeg

2 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

Car hire firms are so difficult to deal with.

Our family are all coming to visit us here for a big birthday. There will be 8 of us in total so need to rent a 9 seater for a few days. Quotes in city branches were through the roof (900 sheets for four days) but found on Europcar a 9 seater from either Malpensa or Bergamo airport for 370. When I did the search the same car was available from either airport at the same time and price. Long story but at the time Bergamo was the better option so went with there for pick up and drop off. Sods Law meant that within two days things changed for us and meant that it is now better to pick up and drop off at Malpensa.

When I tried to modify the booking there were no 9 seaters available there and, in fact searching from scratch there were no 9 seaters available from either branch. Seems to me like after I booked someone has realised the option shouldn't have been there or was too cheap and they have taken it down. My booking is still ok though as I have paid it in advance. I have called and emailed only to be told that there are none available from Malpensa and when I asked, they have said they can't transport it from Bergamo to Malpensa for me (1 hour drive). My impression is that this car will be brought in specially for my hire but the idiots only go by the same search engine I used and say it's not available. 

All it would take is someone lifting the phone and saying "Luigi, see that big f off motor you are due to take to Bergamo Airport, just take it to Malpensa instead", but they are too lazy/awkward/inept to do anything except push a few buttons. Big companies!!!

I hope you weren't throwing out Italian stereotypes on the phone, that would really make them want to help you.

3 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

Our family are all coming to visit us here for a big birthday. There will be 8 of us in total so need to rent a 9 seater for a few days. Quotes in city branches were through the roof (900 sheets for four days) but found on Europcar a 9 seater from either Malpensa or Bergamo airport for 370. When I did the search the same car was available from either airport at the same time and price. Long story but at the time Bergamo was the better option so went with there for pick up and drop off. Sods Law meant that within two days things changed for us and meant that it is now better to pick up and drop off at Malpensa.

When I tried to modify the booking there were no 9 seaters available there and, in fact searching from scratch there were no 9 seaters available from either branch. Seems to me like after I booked someone has realised the option shouldn't have been there or was too cheap and they have taken it down. My booking is still ok though as I have paid it in advance. I have called and emailed only to be told that there are none available from Malpensa and when I asked, they have said they can't transport it from Bergamo to Malpensa for me (1 hour drive). My impression is that this car will be brought in specially for my hire but the idiots only go by the same search engine I used and say it's not available. 

All it would take is someone lifting the phone and saying "Luigi, see that big f off motor you are due to take to Bergamo Airport, just take it to Malpensa instead", but they are too lazy/awkward/inept to do anything except push a few buttons. Big companies!!!

Hope when you get to the collection desk the Italian version of this boy is waiting for you.

2 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

Genuinely think it is. Ok, I don't work in the business but for the paperwork it's a minor change on a docket, much like a time change. For the practicality side, if the car is based in Milan it's the same drive to either branch. It would take someone 15 minutes to fix. Sure it's more to do with it being under priced and them being unwilling to bend even slightly because someone snagged it.

ETA- 1st World problem

This here is a problem. I don't get it myself but my wife, who works in admin, does. People assume that computer systems are slick machines where thinks can be fixed by someone just going into a system and doing something and it's quick and easy.

Often I hear people ask my wife to "run off a report"  when in fact to generate such a report is 2 days of work and people assume there is a huge red button called "run off report" that can just be pressed.

28 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

This here is a problem. I don't get it myself but my wife, who works in admin, does. People assume that computer systems are slick machines where thinks can be fixed by someone just going into a system and doing something and it's quick and easy.

Often I hear people ask my wife to "run off a report"  when in fact to generate such a report is 2 days of work and people assume there is a huge red button called "run off report" that can just be pressed.

Apples & oranges. Not asking for a report of any kind, just a modification.

1 hour ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

I hope you weren't throwing out Italian stereotypes on the phone, that would really make them want to help you.

I deleted "Jimmy" as I was sure some smart arse would pick up on that not being an Italian name. Damned if you do......😀 

2 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Apples & oranges. Not asking for a report of any kind, just a modification.

You're missing the point. 

You assumed something will take 15 minutes to fix. It could take much, much longer and be more complex than you imagine. That's the point I was making.

Just now, scottsdad said:

You assumed something will take 15 minutes to fix. It could take much, much longer and be more complex than you imagine. That's the point I was making.

Know what you were ,meaning pal but given the rental is two weeks away and unless the same car was booked at exactly the same time then it is being brought from a central depot, most likely Milan. Therefore don't think it's asking the world, especially given the fact that it's only a note on a screen at the moment.

22 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Happens in work all the time, generally when someone has no clue what's actually involved.  Someone says "have you got 5 minutes to sort blah out?".

Well if you know how long it will take you must know what's involved therefore you can do it yourself is my usual response.

This chat about car rental paperwork is fascinating, however, I would like to advise that Shandon Par used to shag the Peacocks down Pittencrief Park (the glen). I haven't seen Shandon since he failed his gas boiler inspection certificate at Lauder Tech.

5 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

See the source image