Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

31 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Has there been an explosion in the magpie population recently?  No matter where I go outdoors (except Wick, that was the exception), I can't go 10 mins without seeing one of the bloody things.  I feel that if I went to Death Valley, there would be a couple of magpies staring at me on the saltflats.

My magpie and crow army recruitment is coming along quite well. There were 8 magpies the other day and too many crows to count. They squabble a bit among themselves rather than kill the pigeons as I've ordered, but it's early days.I

Peanuts out of Aldi is their favourite.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

Just had a phone call to tell me a van has rolled backwards into our caravan running over the ramp of our decking and hitting our gas bottles,we have only had the bloody thing 2 weeks.
Sounds like it was going a bit faster than "rolled backwards"

Just now, Empty It said:
2 minutes ago, keithgy said:
Just had a phone call to tell me a van has rolled backwards into our caravan running over the ramp of our decking and hitting our gas bottles,we have only had the bloody thing 2 weeks.

Sounds like it was going a bit faster than "rolled backwards"

The guy parks his van at the top of the hill and they think he left his handbrake off,i am downthis weekend so will check everything out.The park is changing the gas regulator tomorrow morning 

46 minutes ago, keithgy said:

The guy parks his van at the top of the hill and they think he left his handbrake off,i am downthis weekend so will check everything out.The park is changing the gas regulator tomorrow morning 

Does his insurance pay for it?

Hope the damage isnt too bad.

Got lucky yesterday evening when I was walking home and spotted a wild otter having a great time swimming around a pond beside the path.  Despite their rep' for being extremely shy, this particular one clearly clocked me and yet still continued to swim around for at least 20 mins before I decided to finally get home for my tea (especially as the otter resurfaced munching on something at one point).

Not the best of the videos I got below, but the only one of suitable size for upload:

Although i was already aware of this story, and had seen numerous different interviews with Barney Curley, I hadn't seen this one before.  If you're a person who likes a wee bet on the horses, or even if you're not, this is a story of ingenuity and very much of its time, pre- internet.  Well worth just short of an hour of your time.

Mon the punters  😀

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p09y2zdh/barney-curley-the-man-who-beat-the-bookies#xtor=CS8-1000-[Discovery_Cards]-[Multi_Site]-[GR02]-[PS_IPLAYER~N~~P_BarneyCurleyTheManWhoBeatTheBookies]

One of his finest moments giving it tight to Mccrirrick and Luke Harvey on Sky Sports Racing.

Edited by hearthammer

17 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Has there been an explosion in the magpie population recently?  No matter where I go outdoors (except Wick, that was the exception), I can't go 10 mins without seeing one of the bloody things.  I feel that if I went to Death Valley, there would be a couple of magpies staring at me on the saltflats.

Yes. My girlfriend salutes every last one of the fuckers and I've noticed an increase in her strange behaviour. 

18 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Got lucky yesterday evening when I was walking home and spotted a wild otter having a great time swimming around a pond beside the path.  Despite their rep' for being extremely shy, this particular one clearly clocked me and yet still continued to swim around for at least 20 mins before I decided to finally get home for my tea (especially as the otter resurfaced munching on something at one point).

Not the best of the videos I got below, but the only one of suitable size for upload:

And now we know where the bodies are

5 minutes ago, Bert Raccoon said:

And now we know where the bodies are

One of the great perks of being a cavehunter is that there's no obligation to report all of your new finds.  Always good to have a backup.

57 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Similar to Liz and Damien Hurley, her resemblance to her brother is a bit off putting.

Don't think Damien would put me off Liz. In fact, if he wanted to he could stand in the corner and hold my coat.