Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

I enjoy looking at random places around the world on Google maps and Street view. I just looked Keith (the town in Moray , not some random fellah called Keith) and was surprised to see that it is a near perfect grid of streets, more like an American city than a small teuchter settlement.

Screenshot_20211016-140022.thumb.png.67cc74f4e2b32e52949dcb1c4e766ad6.png

53 minutes ago, Paul Kersey said:

I enjoy looking at random places around the world on Google maps and Street view. I just looked Keith (the town in Moray , not some random fellah called Keith) and was surprised to see that it is a near perfect grid of streets, more like an American city than a small teuchter settlement.

When the football is on I look at maps of the towns and check out the pub reviews around it on Google maps.

20 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

When the football is on I look at maps of the towns and check out the pub reviews around it on Google maps.

I do stuff like that. During quite moments at work I go on virtual holidays on Google street view.

Las Vegas is fun. If you go to the very edge of the city you can see desert on one side of the road and green gardens on the other.

Saw this story and just thought how things have changed. Bags of crisps and peanuts good enough back in the day for the munchies.

Police carrying out a drugs raid on a cannabis farm in southern Italy have seized a stash of 235 frozen dormice - said to be a mafia delicacy.

8 hours ago, Paul Kersey said:

The lanes actually only got names less than a decade ago.

https://www.scotsman.com/arts-and-culture/keith-streets-are-finally-given-names-1586544

12 minutes ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

Saw this story and just thought how things have changed. Bags of crisps and peanuts good enough back in the day for the munchies.

Police carrying out a drugs raid on a cannabis farm in southern Italy have seized a stash of 235 frozen dormice - said to be a mafia delicacy.

We were told in school that the Romans ate dormice (factually true) and that Valvona & Crolla in Elm Row sold tinned dormice (possibly an urban myth)

23 minutes ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

that's almost 2 full boxes

White chocolate flavoured mice sweet tub 900g 120 pieces image 1

Edited by Meldrew

12 hours ago, Cyclizine said:

The lanes actually only got names less than a decade ago.

https://www.scotsman.com/arts-and-culture/keith-streets-are-finally-given-names-1586544

54 lanes and they only used 18 different names? Unimaginative so and sos.

On a train back from the SE tonight and there are a group of girls across the aisle from me who eavesdropping tells me are c.22 years of age and have spent the weekend getting extremely fucked up in London (fair play) but who have spent a good majority of the journey sucking their thumbs and holding manky old baby blankets. Extremely odd behaviour

18 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

On a train back from the SE tonight and there are a group of girls across the aisle from me who eavesdropping tells me are c.22 years of age and have spent the weekend getting extremely fucked up in London (fair play) but who have spent a good majority of the journey sucking their thumbs and holding manky old baby blankets. Extremely odd behaviour

An extension of Nineties rave culture?

EndQY7zWEAUXQvZ.jpg

On 16/10/2021 at 21:24, Paul Kersey said:

I do stuff like that. During quite moments at work I go on virtual holidays on Google street view.

Las Vegas is fun. If you go to the very edge of the city you can see graves on one side of the road and green gardens on the other.

FTFY

On 16/10/2021 at 23:33, Rugster said:

I like to look at street views when reading a book that is using real places in the story. 

I like to use google view with my son(9), just  him off in some random place in the world and ask him to get home.

I go out and do some gardening, he will shout, I'm home after about 2 hours.  Better than watching some shite on YouTube.

Daughters are 19 and 3, for the 19 yo, she couldn't find the house from the next village. 3 yo, not ready, still in training.

ETA forgot why I was here - Last night had a terrible sleep, kept being awakened by twitches and discomfort.

Woke up to find about 20 fizzy cola bottles sweets stuck to my body, and a few ants nibbling away.

The aforementioned, sleeping sound all night. Forgot I invited them both to watch the my laptop on the bed during the day. 

The movie was 'Snow White and the 7 Dwarfs', in English, which I also had never seen. 

Edited by SlipperyP

On 16/10/2021 at 14:07, Paul Kersey said:

"Keith, Keith, So bad they built it twice"

Keith and Fife Keith. Two town squares that look very similar. 

Daft little place, shite town, f**k off.