Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

15 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Map of Ireland imo. Big leg found.

That reminds me - does anyone else on here have one leg that's noticeably thicker than the other? One of mine is about 21" around at the calf, and the other is about 18". There's a big enough visual difference that a doctor once sent me to the hospital to get the big one scanned with a, "whoa, what's up with your leg?", but there was nothing wrong with it.

I am neither the product of inbreeding, nor do I exclusively use one foot for self-abuse.

34 minutes ago, BFTD said:

That reminds me - does anyone else on here have one leg that's noticeably thicker than the other? One of mine is about 21" around at the calf, and the other is about 18". There's a big enough visual difference that a doctor once sent me to the hospital to get the big one scanned with a, "whoa, what's up with your leg?", but there was nothing wrong with it.

I am neither the product of inbreeding, nor do I exclusively use one foot for self-abuse.

Are you sure it’s your leg your measuring?

1 hour ago, BFTD said:

Looks like they've taken the green ones out and sell them separately now?  :unsure:

Was this a dream I had, or did they include blackcurrant flavour ones for a while?

The Green are still there thank goodness , as are strawberry , orange and bramble !

Missing lemon ?

55 minutes ago, Ewan8472 said:

The Green are still there thank goodness , as are strawberry , orange and bramble !

Missing lemon ?

Bramble? I'm sure yer classic Opal Fruits were lemon, lime, strawberry and orange.

I gave them up when they changed the name. f**k Starburst.

17 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Bramble? I'm sure yer classic Opal Fruits were lemon, lime, strawberry and orange.

I gave them up when they changed the name. f**k Starburst.

Starburst? Is that no the wee blonde lassie in The Boys?

If so, aye, f**k Starburst. 

And so it begins....

UK’s Minister for Defence Procurement, Jeremy Quin MP, has visited Airbus in Stevenage and pushed the button to start production of the first panel skin for the UK MOD’s next generation military communications satellite Skynet 6A.

The Minister started the high precision cutting machine to profile the first aluminium panels of the near six-ton satellite which is based on Airbus’ Eurostar Neo telecommunications spacecraft as well as visiting extensive cleanroom facilities on site.

Airbus was awarded the more than £500m contract to design and build Skynet 6A in July 2020 and the programme achieved its Preliminary Design Review in December 2020.

11 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

It's the anniversary of someone I miss every day's death (he took a fatal heart attack due to too much cocaine).. That, coupled with an interview Steven Caulker has given about addiction has made me take the first step in admitting I have a serious problem and seeking help for help for it. 

No more "I need to stay aff it", i need help and I will hopefully beat this. 

Best of luck @Mr. Alli.

We are all right behind you and you can always vent without judgement on the Depression thread. Or start a serious thread about battling demons and addiction.

12 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

It's the anniversary of someone I miss every day's death (he took a fatal heart attack due to too much cocaine).. That, coupled with an interview Steven Caulker has given about addiction has made me take the first step in admitting I have a serious problem and seeking help for help for it. 

Firing over a greenie in support of this post doesn't really seem quite enough but all I can really say is I know first hand that addiction in all it's forms is a horrible thing so you've made that first step and hopefully it'll lead you to where you need to be and like johnnydun has said, you'll never be short of support on here 

I live in a top floor flat, and there is obviously a small void between my ceiling and the roof. There are regularly noises from above (e.g. the sound of a marble/ball rolling along the ceiling) that are starting to freak me out a bit. Either there are mice/rats that enjoy a game of marbles, or there’s a killer clown waiting up there ready to burst through the ceiling.

10 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

I live in a top floor flat, and there is obviously a small void between my ceiling and the roof. There are regularly noises from above (e.g. the sound of a marble/ball rolling along the ceiling) that are starting to freak me out a bit. Either there are mice/rats that enjoy a game of marbles, or there’s a killer clown waiting up there ready to burst through the ceiling.

Nothing to worry about, tis a mere bagatelle...

19 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Man-Falls-Through-Ceiling.gif

37 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

An old stone tenement? Nothing to worry about (yet), it’s just dry mortar falling from the chimney flues. 

Or, if built in the last 50 years, get on to your Factor sharpish! 

As someone currently still battling addiction feel free to pm if you like!
You can do this!

6 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

Despite my rep I am no where near being an alky nor have I ever 'abused substances' but the reason for the break down of my first marriage - long before P&B was a thing - was gambling abuse.  Not the geegees or the dugs but gaming clubs.

From my experience, find a local 12 step 'thing' but more importantly a buddy/mentor who will work with you.  It's all about changing lifestyle and habits so you need a lot of local support and, ideally, someone you can connect with.

Best wishes, buddy.  You're a real asset to the forum.

10 hours ago, alta-pete said:

An old stone tenement? Nothing to worry about (yet), it’s just dry mortar falling from the chimney flues. 

Or, if built in the last 50 years, get on to your Factor sharpish! 

It’s a shitload of mortar if that’s the case (old tenement) as the noise happens fairly regularly.